Latest Blog Posts »
- Navigating through Northern Ireland: Belfast & Londonderry (3/3) 7 months ago Northern Ireland has several quaint towns, but the two largest, and most well known, cities are Belfast and Londonderry (aka Derry). Belfast is known as the birthplace of that little ship that sank into the Atlantic Ocean called the Titanic. Yes, the “Celine Dion – My heart will go on” one....
- Navigating through Northern Ireland: Game of Thrones (2/3) 7 months ago Northern Ireland has a plethora of filming locations for the HBO tv series “Game of Thrones”, which was the cherry on top to an already great itinerary. Hubs and I coincidentally have been to several places where GoT films – Spain, Croatia, and Malta. It was really neat to go on journeys...
- Navigating through Northern Ireland: The Giant's Causeway & Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge (1/3) 7 months ago Two years ago, Hubs and I did a major three week long road trip to Ireland and Scotland. It turned out to be so incredible that we really wanted to see more which meant a trip to Northern Ireland. We flew into Dublin and rented our adventure wagon and headed up to the other Irish country,…
- Alsatian Adventure 7 months ago I’ve been wanting to explore the Alsace region of France for a while, especially at Christmas, but the timing hasn’t worked out until now. During the planning process, Hubs and I went back and forth on how to get there most efficiently and with ample amount of time to actually explore without...
- Osternmarkt 9 months ago I love going to the Easter Markets in Vienna. It’s become our annual tradition to go on an “egg hunt” to pick out a few beautifully hand painted and delicate eggs since we’ve lived here. It’s been a great part of our Viennese life. I will miss it when it’s our time to leave.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Formosan Serendipity
14:17 PM February 13, 2014
Elaine's blog paints for us a true picture of an American's life in Vienna. Her frankness, honesty, and ability to capture the personal side of even the mundane makes it enlightening and entertaining to read and share. The details are clear enough that the readers are left feeling as though they are part of the ex-pat life with her, and her ability to embrace the new and exciting and different makes us all want to be. Well done!
14:19 PM February 13, 2014
My wife has put her heart and soul into this blog. She came up with the idea before we moved to Austria about a year ago. I've read every one of her fantastic accounts of our life abroad and cherish each entry as something to look back on and remember. I'm very proud of her and her writing. I know she will continually write interesting articles and come up with more great ideas.
14:47 PM February 13, 2014
A well written blog about her new life in Vienna, Austria and her other adventures. Thanks!
21:28 PM February 13, 2014
I love reading Elaine's accounts not only of her expat life here in Vienna, but also her travels in other parts of the world, too. Even as another American living in Vienna, she has seen and done many things that I haven't, and I've learned a lot (and added quite a few things to my own "to do in Wien" list)!
22:07 PM February 13, 2014
Elaine's blog is fabulous! She gives such an honest, heartfelt account of her life abroad in Austria. Her pictures and writing are great - I feel like right there with her! A great read!
22:42 PM February 13, 2014
One of my most very favorite reads! Getting a notification that Elaine has posted a new blog entry literally makes my day. Keep up the fantastic work!!
16:31 PM March 29, 2017
Thank you for your interesting article and colorful photos!