Latest Blog Posts »
- The First Visit to My Egyptian Oasis 1 year ago It was summer, the night was a cozy dark blanket between me and the rest of the world. My kids were asleep, our bags were packed and stuffed in the car. We were ready for our 5 a.m. exodus from reality. Anyone who knew about it thought we were going to see the pyramids...
- #Voices4Arctic - Please Share Widely! 3 years ago
- Aisha's Office: Photosynthesis in the Qur'an 3 years ago Essential in the production of not only light, but also hydrogen and oxygen, the sun plays a primary role in sustaining all of creation across the globe. Swearing, “by the dawn when it breathes“ (“itha tanaffasa”), Allah reveals in the Qur’an the life-sustaining production of oxygen,...
- "The Siege of Acre, 1189-1191″ Saladin And The Crusades, from Lane-Poole, Part IV, Chapter XVII 3 years ago "...(T)he French...had put Acre under strict blockade.Three Egyptian ships arrived..., The Christian galleys were upon the new-comers in a moment. The beach was lined with the Moslem army, calling aloud upon God to save the ships..."
- Birds of Egypt: "Abu Ghuttaas," The Pied Kingfisher 3 years ago A Pied Kingfisher (Ceryle rudis), also known as "Abu Ghuttaas" ("father of those who dunk") sits on the wire hunting for fish in an irrigation canal fed from the Nile River in our rural village in Egypt...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Aisha's Oasis has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!