Jiaozi and Burgers
Latest Blog Posts »
- A Swiss Alpine Adventure - Part 1 4 weeks ago Snow was falling furiously all around us as we wound up the mountain road. Several cars had turned off to the side of the road, and a bus had gotten stuck in a snowdrift. But we kept plugging along, hoping to make it to Davos before the roads became slick with ice. My sister Sarah […]
- A Swiss Alpine Adventure - Part 2 4 weeks ago The next day we drove to Davos Klosters, a former monastery-turned-alpine village, which was a 20-minute ride from Davos. We planned to ski a more ambitious 16km route. And we hoped our legs wouldn’t rebel against us. Davos Klosters was the less touristy, smaller version of Davos with a river...
- Ghost Island: Part 2 3 months ago The sun had set and still we waited. This was a lost cause now. It was time to get dinner and find a place to sleep. Shane contacted the college student again, and he told us where we could meet him. Somehow we got his directions confused but still managed to find a hostel with […]
- Ghost Island: Part 1 4 months ago Rolly-poly was the name we gave to the unsuspecting hedgehog ambling along the cement road in search of food (or to be more exact, Katie officially named it and we deferred to her naming pronouncement). He belonged here on Ghost Island (Lingshan Dao), but we did not. The ferry had deserted us, and...
- The Ultimate Prize 5 months ago During my summer break back home, I watched a movie on the Apostle Paul’s life. It was a moving portrait of a man who had fully surrendered his life to God and at the end of his life could confidently say that he had fought the fight and finished the course. He was confident of […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Jiaozi and Burgers
04:08 AM April 01, 2015
Hi Paul! I stumbled upon your blog while researching the city of Kunshan. I have just been offered an English teaching position there starting this Fall and am trying to gather relevant information about Shanghai and China. I would love to get your opinion on the city and any additional advice you could offer a first-timer! Thanks :) Karissa