Latest Blog Posts »
- Stress Free in Samcheok 12 years ago September was a month of stress. I felt the exhaustion beginning the pile up. Six months of 11 hour workdays had my head spinning. Completely idiotic new policies at work and the refusal of my request for two days off to go … Continue reading →
- Taman Ujung Karangasem: A Palace in a Pond 12 years ago Taman Ujung Karangasem, or Karangasem Water Palace, is a short drive from villa near Amlapura. This palace was built in 1919 by the king of Karangasem. He and his family used this ornate palace as a place of relaxation. Unfortunately … Continue reading →
- Why I Quit My Job to Teach Abroad and Travel 12 years ago One year ago today I quit my job in telesales with no real plan for the future. I spent the majority of the time in my cubicle wanting to cry, yelling at people on the phone or browsing BootsnAll forums … Continue reading →
- The Best Brunch in Seoul 12 years ago In my opinion, a weekend isn’t truly great until you’ve sat down to recap the events of the last night over great food. Enter brunch. Brunch is the meal that allows for the perfect fusion of eating and socializing. A … Continue reading →
- Friends, Living Abroad, and Traveling 12 years ago You may have noticed that the blog has been quiet the majority of the past two weeks and for this I apologize. Going silent isn’t the best way to build an audience and while I don’t have any truly great … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- The Beginning of an Addiction in Rome Writing Contest October 2012 “Thank you,” the TSA agent said to me as he handed back my boarding pass. I turned around one last time and tearfully waved to my parents, who were standing just across the entrance to security. With my laptop in a grey, plastic bin, I took a...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Korea South Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Korea South!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Farsickness Blog
12:34 PM October 25, 2012
The quality of the writing and photos always make feel like I am there. In addition to that, I thourghly enjoy the bloggers willingness to taste food that most of us will never try. Again, it has expanded my willingness to try new and different foods.
13:38 PM October 25, 2012
Clear, insightful and entertaining, Farsickness is a top blog on my daily read. Creative topics and beautiful photos make this a gem among travel blogs. The writers voice and enthusiasm about the places she visits keep me returning to wonder where has she gone now.
03:29 AM October 26, 2012
The fascinating array of travel destinations that are captured by the insightful descriptions and captivating pictures all make Farsickness a must-read. Already looking forward to the next update!
12:50 PM October 26, 2012
Farsickness is one of the few blogs that I feel is interesting and informative and, most importantly, well-written. I'm not big on blogs but I always look forward to reading about Amanda's expat life and travels!
00:25 AM October 27, 2012
As an enthusiast of all types of food and travel blogs, Farsickness proves to be my top choice for many reasons. I enjoy travel essays in Italy with Mayes and Provence with Mayle, but Farsickness with Amanda is quite different and absolutely wonderful. Amanda has a skill to create a brief blog that allows your imagination to run, wet your appetite and give you an urge to travel to countries I never thought I would. She does this by being descriptive, adding incredible photography and visiting new destinations. Each blog is a journey in its own way and most of all I love how Amanda allows a foodie like me to experience what the world has to offer through food!