From Wet Sand to Dry Sand
Latest Blog Posts »
- An Introduction to Puerto Rican Cuisine by Yvette Ali 2 years ago One of the biggest perks of blogging is getting to meet very interesting, creative and likeminded individuals. A few months ago, I had a chance encounter with the lovely, bubbly Yvette Ali. I fell … Source: An Introduction to Puerto Rican Cuisine by Yvette Ali Advertisements
- Unapologetic Uzbek Cuisine in Dubai 3 years ago As much as a self-proclaimed food lover as I am, I was guilty of not having a clue what Uzbek cuisine is. Alas, I had the pleasure of finding out this week! Uchkuduk restaurant came up on my Facebook feed as a sponsored ad and right away it grabbed my attention. Let me tell ya,…
- Same-Same, but.... 3 years ago Most of us Dubaiyans are familiar with the phrase “same-same” and probably have already adopted it into our own vernacular. My first encounter with the curiously, endearing phrase was — of course — with sales clerks. It typically goes something like this: Q “Is this a real Birkin bag?”...
- You Have NOT Been to a Wedding if You Have Not Been to an Emirati Wedding 3 years ago I had the privilege of attending an Emirati wedding this weekend. I still have buzz from all the exuberance that my eyes took in. Although it was not my first, I was stoked when my friend messaged me and said: I have an idea…why don’t you come down to Al Ain the night before so…
- On HOME Working 4 years ago I’ve had a few people on and offline ask me about how they can get into working from home, so here’s a quick spiel. Depending on what you do, you can either ask your employer to let you telecommute a few days a week or you can start by doing some freelance work from home.…
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on From Wet Sand to Dry Sand
20:20 PM March 15, 2014
Great posts! Keep sharing, please!!
20:29 PM March 15, 2014
I REALLY enjoy reading your blog. I think You are an excellent writer! Keep up the good work!!!
22:05 PM March 15, 2014
19:18 PM March 23, 2014
Excellent Perspective and Recipes! Keep it coming!
02:44 AM September 15, 2014
GREAT READ! AWESOME advice for anyone thinking of relocating to the UAE!