Latest Blog Posts »
- Christmas 2018 3 weeks ago Merry Christmas! What a wonderful season it has been. This year has felt extra special. I’ve been puzzling why it feels like this is our first Christmas together, and I think having a baby makes it feel like now the Christmases count. Now I have to be on my toes with traditions and foods and...
- It's Christmastime in the City 1 month ago I've officially given birth to someone who gets as excited about Christmas as I do. When I was decorating the tree, I put Ezra underneathe (to watch) and he immediately started hyperventilating. I took some photos to try to capture the looks on his face--this kid doesn't even know what normal food...
- Frome + Thanksgiving 1 month ago It has been a busy couple of weeks, so, fair warning, this post is kind of a photo dump. Jon and I have been exploring some of the towns and villages in our local area. One of our favourites is Frome (pronounced froom). People have been telling us to visit for a while, but then usually follow up...
- Remembrance 2 months ago Do you remember what it was like to be a kid? I remember a lot of frustration at all the things I knew I didn’t know. There was so much I had to learn and I remember feeling a bit shackled by my own littleness. At the same time, I loved the wonder and general awesomeness of being a kid. Anything...
- London Soho 2 months ago Soho is a provocative slice of London. Famous for its sex shops, theatres, and nightlife, it’s a neighbourhood with a vibe that’s two parts scintillating one part grunge, sort of like a sputtering neon light in a dark corner window. Needless to say, some tourists avoid it, which is a real...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Young Rubbish
20:16 PM March 28, 2014
Clever writing, very personal and entertaining. I LOVELOVELOVE the beautiful pictures!
21:43 PM March 28, 2014
Amazing photos. Delightful take on life in London. Definitely worth reading.
16:09 PM March 29, 2014
Very clear and clever writing. Overall it appears to be a great blog of a beautiful couples life of work and leisure. The articles are always fun to read and the pictures are phenomenal. Most articles are objective but when there are opinions to be expressed, they are hilarious.
05:25 AM April 01, 2014
This is a fantastic blog! I subscribe through bloglovin' and have it on my toolbar so I always remember to keep up with it. Jess is a wonderful writer who constantly makes me laugh. Jon, on the rare occasion when he writes, always seems to leave some juicy tidbit behind. The pictures are so beautiful. Obviously done by a pro! They make me want to board a plane and head over to England myself.
14:30 PM April 17, 2014
I love this blog because its full of photos! The text suppliments but doesn't overwhelm the posts. Plus they have a great sense of humor!
05:25 AM October 31, 2014
I love this blog.... Makes me smile every time. The pictures are breath taking.
10:54 AM January 12, 2015
I love that someone is doing a vlog on here. It's really professional. It means I get to experience life in London a bit too, which is really fab.