bluebalu: Living in Hong Kong
Latest Blog Posts »
- Urban getaway: Deep Water Bay 4 months ago Deep Water Bay is not the most beautiful beach in Hong Kong – but it is so easy to reach. It is just on the other side of the Aberdeen tunnel, and takes less than 15 minutes to reach from Causeway Bay. Minibus 40 is a quick and good option, otherwise taxis will take you… Continue reading Urban...
- Hong Kong Science Museum 10 months ago The Hong Kong Science Museum is an all-time favourite with my kids – despite the fact that some areas could do with an overhaul! But the good thing is that the museum keeps updating and changing, without actually closing its doors. The museum has four floors filled with exhibits, and lots of...
- Visit to the Big Buddha 11 months ago We took the MTR to Tung Chung and then the cable car to the top. We went during the week, so there was not a queue, and we decided to take the standard cabin – so that the kids can enjoy the view, but won’t be afraid of the see-through floor of the Crystal Cabin.… Continue reading Visit to...
- The iconic Star Ferry 1 year ago It is in every guide book, and with every reason. The Star Ferry is a fantastic way to travel across the harbour from Kowloon to Hong Kong Island and vice versa. My kids love it and so do I. The Star Ferry has been running for more than hundred years.Up to 1978 when the Cross-Harbour… Continue...
- Tuen Mun Playground 2 years ago This has been on our to do list since the playground opened in Dec 2018… it is a new, first barrier-free play space for children in Hong Kong, which features water and sand play areas. What is a great idea, and should be available in many parks (but is not) has been realised in this… Continue...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on bluebalu: Living in Hong Kong
17:33 PM May 02, 2014
Have been reading Ruth's blog for a while. As a local Chinese, reading her blogs enabled me to love the town much, and enlightened me to see the town in another way round. Her hiking posts，lovely dinning review and interesting photo sharings shows real Hong Kong that fewlocal can compete with. Ruth has an pair of eyes for beautiful, unique scenes in HK. Thank god I find her blog!
12:19 PM May 13, 2014
Bluebalu is the first website, blog, guide and reference site I give to any friend traveling to Hong Kong or Asia. Ruth has fantastic restaurant reviews, local stories and cultural insights. Even though I've never been to Hong Kong I still find the blog posts very interesting and educational. I only wish she had a blog for the city I live in!
08:50 AM May 16, 2014
As a newcomer to Hong Kong about a year ago, I discovered Ruth's blog my first month here and it's been my go-to blog ever since! Whether I want to know which hike to go on or which sushi/ramen place is best or even where I should plan my next trip, I look to Ruth's blog for advice. It's a one stop shop for all-things Hong Kong and Asia - I have never been steered wrong!
19:14 PM June 11, 2014
Ruth's blog is the perfect mix of informative advice, education and inspiring photography. It makes me want to do and discover everything she has! For me, as an outsider looking into Hong Kong, Ruth provides a great insider's view looking out. She spots and shares the small details that inspire you to do, try and taste things you would never have considered before! Anyone visiting or exploring Hong Kong or wider Asia should take some time to read Ruth's blog and benefit from her tips to get the most out of this fantastic city and region!