bluebalu: Living in Hong Kong
Latest Blog Posts »
- Urban getaway: South Bay Beach 2 weeks ago Probably everyone knows of or has been to Repulse Bay Beach – but what many people don’t know is that there are two quieter beaches close by. One is Middle Bay Beach and the other one is South Bay Beach. What I like about these beaches is that they are much quieter, the water is… Continue...
- Secret (and free) playroom at Lee Gardens Two 3 weeks ago +++ UPDATE August 2018: This is CLOSED as Lee Gardens are preparing a new kids zone on the third floor – so watch this space for an update +++ Lee Gardens Two is geared towards kids – lots of stores there are selling children’s clothes, books, toys and accessories and there are two free...
- Star Ferry Harbour Tour 4 weeks ago This is quite fun for kids – you get to ride on a special Star Ferry (the ‘Shining Star’) across the Harbour for about an hour. You can side inside in the cool a/c room or outside at the front or back, and watch Hong Kong Island and Kowloon go past you. We’re great fans… Continue reading...
- Secret Rooftop Garden at the Wan Chai Ferry Pier 2 months ago Technically this is not a secret, but practically it does not seem to be known much. The Wan Chai Ferry Pier has three levels – the first floor is the entry point to the Star Ferry to Tsim Sha Tsui and the Star Ferry Harbour Tour. On the second floor is a Japanese Sushi restaurant… Continue...
- The iconic Star Ferry 2 months ago It is in every guide book, and with every reason. The Star Ferry is a fantastic way to travel across the harbour from Kowloon to Hong Kong Island and vice versa. My kids love it and so do I. The Star Ferry has been running for more than hundred years.Up to 1978 when the Cross-Harbour… Continue...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on bluebalu: Living in Hong Kong
17:33 PM May 02, 2014
Have been reading Ruth's blog for a while. As a local Chinese, reading her blogs enabled me to love the town much, and enlightened me to see the town in another way round. Her hiking posts，lovely dinning review and interesting photo sharings shows real Hong Kong that fewlocal can compete with. Ruth has an pair of eyes for beautiful, unique scenes in HK. Thank god I find her blog!
12:19 PM May 13, 2014
Bluebalu is the first website, blog, guide and reference site I give to any friend traveling to Hong Kong or Asia. Ruth has fantastic restaurant reviews, local stories and cultural insights. Even though I've never been to Hong Kong I still find the blog posts very interesting and educational. I only wish she had a blog for the city I live in!
08:50 AM May 16, 2014
As a newcomer to Hong Kong about a year ago, I discovered Ruth's blog my first month here and it's been my go-to blog ever since! Whether I want to know which hike to go on or which sushi/ramen place is best or even where I should plan my next trip, I look to Ruth's blog for advice. It's a one stop shop for all-things Hong Kong and Asia - I have never been steered wrong!
19:14 PM June 11, 2014
Ruth's blog is the perfect mix of informative advice, education and inspiring photography. It makes me want to do and discover everything she has! For me, as an outsider looking into Hong Kong, Ruth provides a great insider's view looking out. She spots and shares the small details that inspire you to do, try and taste things you would never have considered before! Anyone visiting or exploring Hong Kong or wider Asia should take some time to read Ruth's blog and benefit from her tips to get the most out of this fantastic city and region!