- Home » Expat Blogs » France » Lyon » Lyon Living
A 40-something American expat writes about life, family, and ministry in Lyon, France.
Latest Blog Posts »
- Getting to Know "The Other:" -- Immigration and the Generation Gap 6 years ago In my last post, "Fruitful Friends", I wrote that I had been moved to take action in welcoming refugees due to the anger and sadness I felt after Trump's attempted travel ban. But I don't think I adequately explained how I had become so enamored with refugees. My time in Lyon truly transformed my...
- Fruitful Friends 6 years ago People often ask me what I miss the most about Lyon. It's hard to decide, because there were many lovely things about living there, but above all, I miss the friends I made from all around the world. In our ministry to English-speaking internationals, we formed relationships with people from over...
- Lyon Living in America 6 years ago So, it's been over a year and a half since my last post. I no longer live in Lyon. Last July, our family moved back to America. The verdict? It's been the most depressing 9 months of my life. (I know, this comes as a Big Shock to all expats who have returned to their home country! Ha!)Let me just...
- Important news about Lyon Living dot com 7 years ago Hello readers! I'm sure you've noticed that I haven't been writing much this summer - I've spent a lot of time thinking about what to write, but not actually doing it!What I DO need to share with you today is that my former domain name, www.lyonliving.com, is no longer actively forwarding to this...
- Cultural Sweatpants 7 years ago Hello USA! Our family is taking a short break from France; we will be in the states all summer. We arrived in Charlotte on June 2, after a (thankfully) uneventful flight across the Atlantic. The next day, as Greg and I were running some errands, he asked how I felt to be back in America. I...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Copy and paste code to display the Featured Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Lyon Living
15:25 PM March 15, 2015
15:25 PM March 15, 2015
We are in the process of moving to France (If they will have us!)We are young pensioners who speak poor English and NO French. Our prospect for survival are pretty bleak, however! nothing ventured nothing gained. Our regular jaunts to France has inspired us to try,we do seem to bring out the best in the French people often ending in bouts of laughter as we negotiate Maps,Bills,Entrance fees,Shopping etc. Interestingly several French language disasters have ended with now good French friends visiting us on regular visits to Blighty, where they seem very interested in our Culture, Food,lack of a usable road surface & mostly why we pay cheap prices for un-edible restaurant food. So its off to France possibly the purse won't like it but the stomach will.