Ti Domnik Tales
Latest Blog Posts »
- Dominica Dreamin' on a Canadian Winter's Day 3 years ago All the leaves are [gone] (all the leaves are [gone]) And the sky is gray (and the sky is gray) I’ve been for a walk (I’ve been for a walk) On a winter’s day (on a winter’s day) I’d be safe and warm (I’d be safe and warm) If I was in [D/A] (if I […]
- Remembering Mona, My First Friend on Dominica 3 years ago It is with profound sadness that I write this post as a tribute to Mona George-Dill, my first friend on Dominica. She departed this earthly life and ascended to heavenly paradise on Sunday October 30, 2016. It is she to whom I give credit for guiding me during my early days in Dominica and...
- A Thank-You Note to Dominica, My Island 'Home' 4 years ago It’s been two months since I left the Nature Island to set up house in my ‘home and native land’, after nearly twenty years away. Despite some allergy-related challenges, it is pleasant to be in Canada again, especially since the summer weather is extremely hot where I live. However, I...
- Dominica's 'Ti Domnik Tales' at Four: A New Chapter Unfolds 4 years ago Readers of Ti Domnik Tales might be curious to know that while I have been quiet in terms of the blog , I have been very active in a different way: preparing to relocate to Canada. I did mention this in my last adventure, which was a fun-filled day touring around Soufriere Dominica. While I […]
- Sweet Meanderings Around Soufriere Dominica 4 years ago Although it’s been a while since I took a long hike on the Nature Isle, I am currently contented with little outings around Dominica. Readers of Ti Domnik Tales will know by now that the possibilities of things to do are endless in this lovely little country. For the past few weeks, I have...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Ti Domnik Tales
23:51 PM July 26, 2014
I love Gwen's blog. As a fellow expat in Dominica, I am grateful for her sharing sides of the island and the culture I would otherwise miss and her insights and vision that expand and temper my own.
15:19 PM July 27, 2014
Beautiful descriptions of places and events on the Nature Island. Great reading for residents and visitors.
17:31 PM August 01, 2014
Gwen has a lovely writing technique. I think it's partly because she is really enjoying herself and is invested in what she is experiencing. I really look forward to her posts, and as a fellow expat, she really keeps me up to speed on what's going on. Thanks Gwen! And keep them coming!
13:19 PM November 03, 2014
I'm glad I've found this as I am moving to Dominica in January 2015, so will be an interesting read. My husband will be working at RUSM......we are trying to look for somewhere to live - help would be nice.....Thanks