Ginger and Scotch
Latest Blog Posts »
- How to Make Tonkotsu Ramen at Home (Pressure Cooker) 6 months ago Tonkotsu ramen is an umami-packed bowl of Japanese noodle soup made from pork bone broth and traditionally topped with braised pork, halved soft-boiled egg, menma (seasoned bamboo) and sliced scallions. This stick-to-your-ribs kind of broth needs to simmer for half a day (or more!) but here I show...
- Ramen 101 - Geeking Out on Ramen 7 months ago I ate a lot of ramen noodles as a child but like most people outside of Japan in the 80s and 90s, it was the Nissin Cup O’ Noodles kind. Seafood flavor was my favorite and I became an expert on opening a packet by first tearing off the cardboard packaging and then the plastic wrapper, and finally...
- 10 Best Books for Ramen Lovers 8 months ago As an avid reader, I enjoy reading travel stories as well as cookbooks. I especially love cookbooks that aren’t just about the recipes and techniques, but also about the story and history behind the recipes and the food. Below are a few of my favorite books on ramen and Japanese cuisine. There...
- How to Prevent Birds From Eating Your Tomatoes 10 months ago I started planting tomatoes two years ago and have been struggling with keeping birds from eating my ripening tomatoes. It’s so frustrating to come out in the morning and see half eaten tomatoes when it took so much time and effort to cultivate the plants. At first the birds were only eating the...
- Super Crunchy Shrimp Lo Mein 11 months ago Lo mein, like its cousin Chinese fried rice, is a versatile and easy dish that can be made with freshly-prepared ingredients or can give leftovers new life. Change up the ingredients and vary the sauce for endless combinations. You can also try this recipe with my homemade egg noodles from scratch...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 15 reviews on Ginger and Scotch
20:43 PM October 29, 2012
Love this blog! The Ginger and Scotch blog always proves to be fresh, exciting, adventurous and informative. Sandy provides the personal insight to connect the reader to her journey through her various experiences. Her passion is showcased through her use of descriptive language and outstanding photos. My favorite part are the tips and exciting recipes. Have actually experimented with some of her ginger and scotch recipes.
09:40 AM October 30, 2012
my favorite blog :) love the amazing recipes and photos. her amusing background stories and comments are always entertaining!
10:05 AM October 30, 2012
I love how Sandy relates her food discoveries to her every-day stories. And that Wee Scotch of hers is just the cutest little guy around! Sandy is great with food photography - really makes me want to go out and eat everything that she posts about. An entertaining and enjoyable read!
18:00 PM October 30, 2012
just loveeeeee this blog
18:01 PM October 30, 2012
I read this blog very regularly. Always entertaining to read the stories. Eager to read more.
18:03 PM October 30, 2012
great blog. always makes me hungry
18:13 PM October 30, 2012
I really adore this blog - of all the food blogs I read, this one is so personal, it's as if Sandy is talking right to her readers. Her travels through Vietnam were really fascinating - and her posts from Dubai really illuminate life there. And finally Wee Scotch is a STAR!
20:40 PM October 30, 2012
Always enjoy reading this blog and it's got lots of information on where to get weird and wonderful ingredients in Dubai.
06:59 AM October 31, 2012
I personally love Sandy' blog especially because I hate trying places and being disappointed and with her blog I have all the time new&nice places to try. She has also Vietnamise background like me so maybe same palate? Anyway really good tips!!!
17:00 PM October 31, 2012
I find this blog so inspiring. How can it not be the best? Love the food photos too.
03:53 AM November 01, 2012
Love reading Ginger & Scotch for her Dubai foodie finds, evocative stories of her travels, as well as a peak into her kitchen.
14:35 PM November 02, 2012
I love how Sandy tells a story along with very beautiful photos, her blog is ace! :)
12:57 PM November 05, 2012
Beautiful, evocative writing and photography, Sandy always takes you on a tantalising trip somewhere.
18:08 PM November 07, 2012
I love Ginger & Scotch's travelogues. The photographs captures the very essence of travel... you'll understand if you read the posts on Vietnam. This blog is like an Ibn Batuta of Dubai blogs!
20:55 PM November 11, 2012
nice blog sir keep it up...