Greeker than the Greeks
Latest Blog Posts »
- How and Why Roman Architecture Essentially Became a Reproduction of Ancient Greek Architecture 1 year ago Greeks and Italians: ‘Una Faccia, Una Razza’ – ‘one face, one race’. The ancient Greeks and Romans, created unique styles of architecture, together known as classical architecture and constructed some of the... The post How and Why Roman Architecture Essentially Became a...
- 10 of the Saddest Love Stories in Greek Mythology 1 year ago All’s fair in love and war, or so they say. Back in ancient Greece though, love had much more to contend with, such as vengeful and envious gods, or Apate; the personification of... The post 10 of the Saddest Love Stories in Greek Mythology appeared first on Greeker Than The Greeks.
- How to Dry Basil 1 year ago Basil, the word comes from the Greek, basileus, meaning king and is said to have first grown on the original cross of Christ. Even though it represented hatred to the ancient Greeks, they... The post How to Dry Basil appeared first on Greeker Than The Greeks.
- Marie Spartali - Aglaia Ionides and Maria Cassavetti - the Three Graces of Pre-Raphaelite Art 1 year ago Marie Spartali Stillman, Aglaia Ionides Coronio and Maria Cassavetti Zambaco, known as The Three Graces, owing to their Greek roots, beauty and intellect, grew up surrounded by prominent figures of the British, Victorian art... The post Marie Spartali – Aglaia Ionides and Maria Cassavetti...
- Cynisca - The First Woman to Win the Olympic Games of Ancient Greece 1 year ago At the time, 396 BC, the victory of Cynisca, a Spartan princess and according to Pausanius, ancient Greek travel writer, the first female champion of the ancient Olympic Games, was an unheard... The post Cynisca – The First Woman to Win the Olympic Games of Ancient Greece appeared first on...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Greeker than the Greeks has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!