Latest Blog Posts »
- My smartphone is my demise 9 years ago It starts with 5 minutes of free time. I’m checking WhatsApp. Checking my emails. Then I notice my update from Pinterest. Waste an hour looking at ‘kids bedroom’ ideas or funny movie quotes… Or I’m playing Solitaire with one hand while rocking my daughter to sleep with the other. It’s...
- The Kuwait Bookshop closing down sale 9 years ago The grapevine brought news that the Kuwait Bookshop in Al Muthanna is having a closing down sale. This must be the largest bookshop in Kuwait! It has a huge range of books, including children literature and foreign language books (I’ve seen plenty of books in English and French). They have...
- Baked-grilled nagroor 9 years ago Quick, I must write it down before I forget it. A good recipe came out of my brave experiment. For two nagroor fish (about 3 kg): a couple of ripe dates 2 onions 1/2 bunch of parsley 1/2 bunch of dill 1 green chili pepper 2 cloves of garlic 1 tomato (optional) 2 spoons of ghee or […]
- Missing Scotland 9 years ago A big piece of my heart stayed in Scotland. I miss the green and mountainous landscapes and lovely, friendly people. It’s painful comparing that place with this one. At this moment I particularly long for the fresh mornings at the beginning of autumn. It’s been very emotional watching the...
- Pączki (Donuts) 9 years ago I made Polish style donuts today for the first time in my life and they were delicious! The trick seems to be in: loose dough; learning to manipulate the loose dough without getting it stuck to your hands and generally all over; making sure the frying oil is neither too hot nor too cold. […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Anna Drops
14:51 PM July 04, 2015
Her blogs are varied, short but sweet, and nicely focussed. Although not everyone is interesting, Anna's writing style pulled me into the topic, and the bi-continental idea is cool. I am preparing to move to Kuwait for work (my first stay in the region) and plan to keep reading her blogs to help me understand this new world. Thanks!