Amsterdamian - Amsterdam's Daily Colours
Latest Blog Posts »
- Hidden gems: the charming town of Monnickendam 3 days ago Monnickendam is a beautiful town in the Noord Holland province, on the coast of Markermeer (the Marker lake). It’s one of the old fishing villages of the Waterland region, very picturesque and inviting, and has the big advantage that, unlike the sister villages of Volendam and Marken, is not...
- Cherry blossom in the time of pandemic 5 days ago Every year, before tulips cover the fields, spring is announced in the Netherlands by the cherry blossom. There are a few spots in Amsterdam where you can admire beautiful cherry trees, but the best one is the little cherry orchard in Westerpark. Even better is the Japanese orchard in Amsterdamse...
- I don't have one true calling: life as a multipotentialite 1 week ago Multipotentialite: a person who has many different interests and creative pursuits in life. Sitting in the cosy office of a life coach, overlooking the pretty canals of Amsterdam, I heard for the first time the words that changed how I think about my career forever: ” But why not do more than one...
- Seasonal beauty in Alkmaar 1 week ago Finally, a few sunny days! Nature is starting the seasonal parade, with delicate cherry blossom, spring flowers and pale green leaves. These photos are from last year, because Alkmaar is a few days behind Amsterdam with the spring parade — I guess being 40 kilometres to the north explains the...
- How are you feeling? 2 weeks ago How are you feeling? I thought I should check in how you’re doing. March was a hard month. It was a month of feeling stuck, hopeless and with no “normal” life in sight for the close future. Many people I spoke with felt like this. Not all of them said it out loud, but they […]
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Tips to Fully Enjoy Life in Amsterdam Writing Contest March 2013 Ride Amsterdam is a city of bicycles. If you know how to ride a bike, you have to get one and ride it everywhere. From the beginning you'll be amazed by the great biking infrastructure, the overcrowded parking spots, the way locals are riding their...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Amsterdamian - Amsterdam's Daily Colours
08:50 AM October 31, 2012
I love this blog! Every time I read it I'm dreaming of walking around the beautiful Amsterdam!
10:07 AM November 01, 2012
Great blog, amazing photos:)
10:14 AM November 01, 2012
This is my favourite Amsterdam blog. I love the pictures and I always wait impatiently for the next post. It's a way for me to remember the happy year I've spent in Amsterdam