Amsterdamian - Amsterdam's Daily Colours
Latest Blog Posts »
- Thoughts for the new year 1 week ago The beginning of the year always feels promising to me. Even if I know that the day of 1 January is not any more special than any other random day of the year, I still get excited when we change the number and enter a new year: the future is here! Twelve new months […]
- New Year's Dive at Scheveningen 2 weeks ago Every year, thousands of people test their limits by diving into the freezing waters of the North Sea on the first day of the year. The New Year’s Dive, or Nieuwjaarsduik, is said to be a typical Dutch tradition (although there are other countries that host New Year’s Dives). Dutch people,...
- Monochrome Winter 2 weeks ago “To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake it is necessary to stand out in the cold.” – Aristotle “When it snows, you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels”. You can follow Amsterdamian on Instagram and Facebook for daily stories about life in Amsterdam and travels.
- Midwinter Celebration in Graft-De Rijp 3 weeks ago This year, instead of the usual Christmas market, I went to the Midwinter Celebration (Midwinterfeest) organised in De Rijp village. For three days in December, they decorate the entire village with Christmas lights but also fishing nets, whales, and other maritime-themed items. The locals...
- Winter day at the beach 4 weeks ago I can’t go for a long time without seeing the sea, breathing the salty air, listening to the waves. Last week, on a crisp winter day, I took the train to the closest beach to Amsterdam: Zandvoort. It was gloomy when I arrived at the beach, but the sun eventually showed up and the […]
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Tips to Fully Enjoy Life in Amsterdam Writing Contest March 2013 Ride Amsterdam is a city of bicycles. If you know how to ride a bike, you have to get one and ride it everywhere. From the beginning you'll be amazed by the great biking infrastructure, the overcrowded parking spots, the way locals are riding their...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Amsterdamian - Amsterdam's Daily Colours
08:50 AM October 31, 2012
I love this blog! Every time I read it I'm dreaming of walking around the beautiful Amsterdam!
10:07 AM November 01, 2012
Great blog, amazing photos:)
10:14 AM November 01, 2012
This is my favourite Amsterdam blog. I love the pictures and I always wait impatiently for the next post. It's a way for me to remember the happy year I've spent in Amsterdam