Amsterdamian - Amsterdam's Daily Colours
Latest Blog Posts »
- New beginnings 1 day ago There comes a time in one’s life when change cannot be postponed anymore. A moment to end what seems like a lifetime of something and get a fresh start, building something else. That time is now for me, and I am as excited and frightened as I can be. At the end of this month […]
- Looking for beauty in winter 1 week ago The Dutch winter is not a beautiful season. It takes all the strength one has and all the tricks one knows to get out of it in a good mood. If there would be snow, or if the canals would freeze, then some people could find beauty in this season. We would go skating on […]
- One month of holiday 2 weeks ago Can one rest after years of overworking? Can one really take a break from it all? Maybe — if one can move to a cabin in the forest and have no human contact for a month. That’s my answer after trying to bring in that much awaited rest for my body and mind, and not […]
- Lonely Amsterdam 2 months ago The Netherlands is now in the second hard lockdown. Everything is closed, except the essential shops. Amsterdam is a ghost town again. And while it’s true that some streets are still quite busy for what you would expect during such a time, there are parts of the city that are so empty it almost...
- Beating the winter blues 2 months ago Every year, since I moved to the Netherlands, I had a problem with winter: starting November, and lasting till March, I would get the winter blues and feel down, missing the sun and dreaming of spring. Around January, I would be overtaken by the feeling that that winter is worse than before, that...
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Tips to Fully Enjoy Life in Amsterdam Writing Contest March 2013 Ride Amsterdam is a city of bicycles. If you know how to ride a bike, you have to get one and ride it everywhere. From the beginning you'll be amazed by the great biking infrastructure, the overcrowded parking spots, the way locals are riding their...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Amsterdamian - Amsterdam's Daily Colours
08:50 AM October 31, 2012
I love this blog! Every time I read it I'm dreaming of walking around the beautiful Amsterdam!
10:07 AM November 01, 2012
Great blog, amazing photos:)
10:14 AM November 01, 2012
This is my favourite Amsterdam blog. I love the pictures and I always wait impatiently for the next post. It's a way for me to remember the happy year I've spent in Amsterdam