SWEET PICKLES & CORN
Latest Blog Posts »
- It's official: We've moved 11 months ago To all of our long-suffering readers, I’m happy to announce that while Sweet Pickles and Corn has officially rung down the final curtain and joined the choir invisible, we have taken up shop at a new location: Koreafix.com. The new site features many of the same cast of characters, with a...
- We're Moving 1 year ago As part of our relaunch, Sweet Pickles and Corn is in the process of moving to a new site. We hope to have it up and running in the next couple of weeks. Details to follow. Thanks for bearing with us!
- Korea This Week (June 18 - 24) 1 year ago A selection of this week’s Korea-related news and commentary Nuke-free Korea? Korea’s oldest nuclear power plant, the Kori 1 reactor located in the suburbs of Busan, was permanently shut down last Sunday after 40 years in operation. Commissioned in 1978, the reactor’s initial 30-year life...
- Korea This Week (June 11 - 17) 1 year ago A selection of this week’s news and commentary on Korean culture I must admit feeling very spoiled reading this recent WSJ piece about the difficulty (read: ‘virtual impossibility’) of wiring the rural United States for broadband. The problem of course boils down to too few customers...
- Korea This Week (June 4 - June 10) 1 year ago A selection of this week’s news and commentary on Korean culture When I came to Busan in 2000, there were a few small chicken joints in my neighborhood with quirky names like Goopy Chicken, Chicken Syndrome, and my personal favorite, Smoper, which presented a rare case of a foreign word –...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on SWEET PICKLES & CORN
17:24 PM March 18, 2015
It's wild, weird, and sometimes makes me wonder what the authors are on. Still, it's a great reminder of what life is like as an expat. Read it today.
01:33 AM March 19, 2015
This is an excellent blog manned by some wonderfully smart, creative folks down in Busan. Really high quality stuff - check it out!