En lo Alto
Latest Blog Posts »
- Lens on June 2018 2 weeks ago We’re about halfway through the year, which is wild because wasn’t it just January yesterday? This month, like each month, was jam packed with food, fun, and lots of books. First I wanted to give an update on my 2018 goals. I wanted to eat less sugar, read more books, and join a music group....
- Unique New York: Five Borough Green Roof 3 weeks ago I had the lucky opportunity to have a tour of the Five Borough Green Roof, which is on the … you guessed it… roof… of the NYC Parks Five Borough Administrative Building on Randall’s Island. Getting there was a bit of a trek as I had to take the M35 bus from 125th Street and… Read More...
- Unique New York: Ajo y Oregano 3 weeks ago Earlier this month, I went with some friends to Ajo y Oregano, a Dominican restaurant in the Bronx. The mouth-watering images on the restaurant’s Instagram had piqued our interest. The storefront is nestled in between a barber shop and car repair shop on a mostly residential street in Parkchester...
- I Followed A San Juan Island Itinerary and Here's How it Went 1 month ago Part of my recent trip to Seattle included two nights and a day and a half San Juan Island, one of the islands about halfway between Vancouver and Seattle, and once were part of the disputed Great Britain/United States border. I had been told that the islands were so beautiful that they were a...
- 8 Funky Things to Find in Seattle 1 month ago While spending the week in Seattle, I came across some things that I thought were definitely worth a visit due to their unique or fun nature! 1. Fremont Troll: this popular but creepy troll sculpture resides under the Aurora Bridge in the Fremont neighborhood and is actually gripping a real car in...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on En lo Alto
17:30 PM April 21, 2015
Awesome blog! It's always so fun to catch up on Sarah's adventures.
18:13 PM April 21, 2015
I absolutely love this blog! Being a New Yorker, I've always wanted to take the plunge and move abroad but this blogger actually did it! I especially enjoy reading about the differences in New York attitudes compared to that of DR, definitely something you won't get in a traveler's book. Well done :)
16:58 PM April 26, 2015
Love this blog! Cool perspective from an American living in the DR. Definitely give it a read.
22:28 PM April 26, 2015
Amazing blog!!!! Me gusta mucho ...
17:28 PM April 28, 2015
Ive been following this blog for a while, it is so cool! There are always really beautiful pictures! :)
21:04 PM April 28, 2015
Love Sarah's insights on life as an expat in the DR. Recommended for anyone who is thinking of international travel, or who can't travel but wants to live vicariously! Super informative and thoughtfully written.
16:48 PM May 01, 2015
Dope blog. I'm Dominican myself so I basically already know all the info, but it's fun to see a different, and honest, perspective of living in DR.
17:05 PM May 08, 2015
Fun blog! Lots of good information and great pictures =)