Latest Blog Posts »
- Success for Where Are The Grown-Ups? at Independent Author Network Book of the Year Awards 2020 3 weeks ago Where are the grown-ups? is among the finalists in the Memoir category of the Independent Author Network Book of the Year Awards 2020. The US-based book contest, endorsed by the Alliance of Independent Authors is open to entries from across the English speaking world. The judges are experienced...
- An audio interview with Robin Quinn of the Independent Writers of Southern California 3 months ago Members of the IWOSC based in LA joined a zoom session on Turning Your Family History into a Book. Ruth Badley, author of Where are the grown-ups? answers questions from facilitator, Robin Quinn.
- The author answers questions posed by Fennel Grove Book Club 5 months ago Members of Fennel Grove Book Club read Where are the grown-ups? and sent me a list of questions about the story. The club is based near Ripon, North Yorkshire but a surprising number of members have roots in East London. Their questions show great insight and empathy. Check out the YouTube link...
- New information from an invoice dated 1933 5 months ago The second part of my memoir, Where are the grown-ups? required some historical research. I didn’t include everything I found out and some questions are only occurring to me now, so I am still adding to my knowledge. Here is an example.I wondered which firm of East End stonemasons would have made...
- The Great Escape 5 months ago The Daily Telegraph’s feature on moving from a city to a rural location features Ruth and Tim Badley as one of three case studies. The journalist was kind enough to mention Where are the grown-ups? in our intro. Ruth and Tim Badley case study
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Ruth Badley has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!