Latest Blog Posts »
- An Easy Intro To Lapland 3 weeks ago Introduction Lapland evokes a child-like curiosity in all of us. Snowscapes, reindeer, huskies, and Santa lives there, you know? When we moved to Finland in June I knew we had to check it out in the most obvious month; December. Christmas vibes and the like. So I scoped travel and accommodation...
- Singapore Food Staples: Popiah (and some more Carrot Cake) 7 months ago Balestier Road is an odd one. You can go there with a very wild and varied shopping list (freshly ground coffee, light fittings, a fancy new toilet, and you could stay in a cheap but dingy hotel if all the shopping wore you out). I will miss walking down Balestier. It is also known for […]
- Singapore Food Staples: Rojak 7 months ago “You must try rojak before you leave Singapore” some crazy person said to me at some point. So with my days dwindling down on the red dot I wandered many a hawker centre and decreed that if I saw it I would eat it. I saw it. I tried to eat it. The venue was […]
- Flight Review: Finnair | Economy Class | Dublin - Helsinki | A319 9 months ago I can see the future. I can see myself flying this route quite a few times in the next few years. The Departure Dublin Airport is a secret shame of mine being Irish. It’s just not the best airport in the world. Or Ireland. Far from it. Terminal 2 has tried to up DUB’s game […]
- Singapore Food Staples: Ban Mian 9 months ago After purchasing a rather long strip light bulb in Home DIY, I was hungry. LCD light bulb I’ll have you know. And I would need to replace the ancient starter that my old strip bulb had. The salesperson had faith in me to do so. Alone. I didn’t. Anyway, I needed some sustenance before...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Surprising Horizons has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!