La Brutta Figura
Latest Blog Posts »
- It's not just Venice: lagoon fishing areas are 'on their knees' 1 week ago The plight of the lagoon city has been making international headlines over the past few weeks after the second highest tide since records began hit the city. Donations have been… The post It’s not just Venice: lagoon fishing areas are ‘on their knees’ appeared first on La Brutta Figura.
- Snobby and Uninformed: 'Aperol Spritz is Not a Good Drink' 8 months ago The New York Times recently published the attention-grabbing article ‘Aperol Spritz is not a good drink’. Unfortunately, author Peppler’s attempt to demonstrate some kind of elevation of taste only succeeds… The post Snobby and Uninformed: ‘Aperol Spritz is Not a Good Drink’ appeared...
- Scintillating Vegetables: A Letter to the New York Times 9 months ago I have lost track of the number of articles I have read professing to reveal the secrets to finding good, cheap food in Venice, in other words ‘eating like a… The post Scintillating Vegetables: A Letter to the New York Times appeared first on La Brutta Figura.
- The Abbey of Pomposa and Its Apocalyptic Frecoes 10 months ago Lions on horseback, 7-headed monsters, and fearsome representations of Hell cover the entire interior of the Abbey of Pomposa, near Ferrara. The Abbey dates from the 6th/7th century and is… The post The Abbey of Pomposa and Its Apocalyptic Frecoes appeared first on La Brutta Figura.
- 5 of the Best Design Bars in Bologna 11 months ago Bologna is a vibrant city with a thriving student population, left-wing leaning, and an excellent food scene. It has also proved to be a fertile ground for new businesses, particularly… The post 5 of the Best Design Bars in Bologna appeared first on La Brutta Figura.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on La Brutta Figura
21:41 PM October 13, 2016
Excellent, informative blog crammed with useful tips that you wouldn't find in a guidebook!!