Jill's Urban Food Crawls
Latest Blog Posts »
- Valencia's Beer - Turia Märzen 1 day ago When in Spain, we like to drink Spanish beer. To keep things even more local, we like to drink Valencian beer in Valencia. Nowadays, we can find any number of locally brewed craft beers such as Tyris, La Socarrada, or Antiga Artesana. But long before that, Turia Märzen […]
- Cochinillo: How to Find This Porky Goodness in Valencia or Even in Your Own Kitchen 2 weeks ago Cochinillo…crispy brown skin revealing juicy succulent meat underneath. Sometimes it’s dressed up with a fancy sauce; sometimes it’s seasoned with nothing but salt and the smoke of the fire. Either way, few things are more satisfying than the porky goodness of perfectly cooked cochinillo...
- More of Our Articles on GPSmyCity and a Subscription Giveaway 3 weeks ago The summer travel season is here, which means that all of Valencia is either heading to the beach for the sun or north for cooler temperatures. Everyone seems to be going somewhere! The city center may have emptied of locals, but it’s filling with visitors from all over […]
- Dénia, Spain: Food Crawling in a City of Gastronomy 4 weeks ago The seaside town of Dénia sits on a piece of Spain’s Costa Blanca jutting out into the Mediterranean Sea just over 100 km south of Valencia. It may be a charming beach resort, but perhaps the best reason to visit Dénia is for the food. The tagline on Dénia’s tourism […]
- Village Life in Castilla y León: How We Ate and Drank Like Cavemen 2 months ago Not like prehistoric cavemen. We were more like “wine-cavemen,” sitting underground feasting on the wine and food of northern Spain. Northwest of Madrid is the region of Castilla y León. It is the largest autonomous community in Spain, formed in the year 1230 when the kingdom of León and...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Jill's Urban Food Crawls
05:02 AM June 26, 2017
Great writing, and the photos of the food make my mouth water. I can't wait to try these restaurants in Valencia!