Jill's Urban Food Crawls
Latest Blog Posts »
- A Food Crawl through Live Aqua Urban Resort SMA 3 weeks ago Over the summer we had a wonderful lunch at Zibu Allende, one of several restaurants in San Miguel de Allende’s new Live Aqua Urban Resort. After lunch, we strolled around the resort and discovered five different bars. It occurred to us that it would be nice it would […]
- Huitlacoche: Hard to Say, Easy to Eat 1 month ago One of my favorite things about living in a different culture is learning about local ingredients, and Mexican cuisine is full of interesting foods. Take huitlacoche, for example. Huitlacoche (pronounced “weet-lah-ko-chay”) is an edible fungus that grows on corn, swelling the kernels into...
- Spanish Croquetas 2 months ago Croquetas are a staple in Spanish tapas bars and restaurants, and we ate countless numbers of them in Spain. The perfect Spanish croquetas are breaded and fried rolls with a crunchy exterior and soft creamy interior, usually filled with bits of meat like jamón (hame), salt cod, or […]
- Tuétano—In Mexico, Bone Marrow Is Not Just a Luxury Food. 2 months ago What is tuétano? Tuétano is Spanish for bone marrow, nutritious and delicious roasted and scooped into tacos. Here is where to eat it in San Miguel de Allende Mexico.
- Vinícola Toyan...the Beginning to Winery Tours Near San Miguel de Allende 3 months ago Vinícola Toyan was our first stop along the Guanajuato Wine Route in Central Mexico. The winery tour and wine tasting in an underground cave made for a memorable food and wine experience just 10 minutes outside of San Miguel de Allende.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Jill's Urban Food Crawls
05:02 AM June 26, 2017
Great writing, and the photos of the food make my mouth water. I can't wait to try these restaurants in Valencia!