Jill's Urban Food Crawls
Latest Blog Posts »
- Pork Belly—Delicious in Any Form 1 week ago What is pork belly and where can you find it in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico? Pork belly is the most delectable part of the pig, possessing that perfect combination of meat and fat. We searched for pork belly dishes in restaurants throughout San Miguel de Allende. Here are our four favorites.
- Vinícola Tres Raíces: A Picture Perfect Day of Wine Tasting in Mexico 2 months ago From now on, when anyone asks me for recommendations of things to do near San Miguel de Allende, my answer will be “Go wine tasting”. If you only have time for one winery, go to Vinícola Tres Raíces, located just 14 miles (22 km) outside of San Miguel […]
- A Food Crawl through Live Aqua Urban Resort SMA 4 months ago Over the summer we had a wonderful lunch at Zibu Allende, one of several restaurants in San Miguel de Allende’s new Live Aqua Urban Resort. After lunch, we strolled around the resort and discovered five different bars. It occurred to us that it would be nice it would […]
- Huitlacoche: Hard to Say, Easy to Eat 4 months ago One of my favorite things about living in a different culture is learning about local ingredients, and Mexican cuisine is full of interesting foods. Take huitlacoche, for example. Huitlacoche (pronounced “weet-lah-ko-chay”) is an edible fungus that grows on corn, swelling the kernels into...
- Spanish Croquetas 4 months ago Croquetas are a staple in Spanish tapas bars and restaurants, and we ate countless numbers of them in Spain. The perfect Spanish croquetas are breaded and fried rolls with a crunchy exterior and soft creamy interior, usually filled with bits of meat like jamón (hame), salt cod, or […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Jill's Urban Food Crawls
05:02 AM June 26, 2017
Great writing, and the photos of the food make my mouth water. I can't wait to try these restaurants in Valencia!