Femme au foyer
Latest Blog Posts »
- Baltic Christmas Day 24 - Priecīgus Ziemassvētkus! 2 months ago Priecīgus Ziemassvētkus! Linksmų Kalėdų! Häid jõule!Once again, I would like to extend an enormous paldies to everyone who has contributed to this series; in the form of posts, photographs, illustrations, interviews and ideas. As to the readers, the friends who commented and translated, and...
- Baltic Christmas Day 23 2 months ago Are your piparkūkasand kūčiukai baked? Presents wrapped? Excellent.Now that the log has been dragged and burned, the Christmas markets visited, and the krupnikas bottled, we can finally sit back and enjoy the season! Family is visiting, candles have been lit, Christmas music is playing in the...
- Baltic Christmas Day 22 - Feel the Magic of the Christmas Season in Vilnius! 2 months ago Welcome back to Nikolajs on Day 22 of 24 Days of a Baltic Christmas! “Nikolajs Timrots is an American-Latvian who spent his whole life in the Washington, DC area until relocating to Vilnius this past September. You may remember him from such hits as 2019’s “Grybukai.” He is now in that...
- Baltic Christmas Day 21 - Winter Solstice! 2 months ago Today is winter solstice: the ziemas saulgrieži, shortest day of the year, heralding the arrival of winter! It is also Yule (in Estonia jõulud), the winter festival with roots in the pagan solstice celebrations and the precursor to modern Christmas. Jõulud and the winter solstice were of great...
- Baltic Christmas Day 20 - Christmas Eve in Wentorf DP Camp 2 months ago Today, on Day 20 of 24 Days of a Baltic Christmas, I am delighted in to introduce artist Krista Svalbonas, her husband Lars Alverson, and Dzintra Alverson! I recently met Krista and Lars while Krista’s most recent project, “Displacement” was featured at Spartanburg Art Museum in the exhibit...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Femme au foyer
19:15 PM October 14, 2012
Reviewing all entries, this one looks good, pleasure to read and unique insights also
21:06 PM October 14, 2012
Interesting descriptions on travels through Europe with kid-friendly activity advice and wonderful photographs. Often humorous entries, about attempting to recreate a recipe with ingredients commonly found in the US, but not so common in France.
19:08 PM October 15, 2012
very informative and interesting to read. I would compare them to Rick Steves narratives. The photos are outstanding
16:24 PM October 17, 2012
Heartfelt account of raising kids abroad and the challenges that raises. Informative for anyone needing expat information while living in France. Amazing photos documenting travels in and around France.
00:32 AM October 22, 2012
Literate, sincere, humorous, and personal writing allows readers a wonderful window into one expat family's adventures in Europe - both the exciting and positive as well as the frustrations. BEAUTIFUL photographs!
03:48 AM December 12, 2012
I would love to live in France! But I don't, and that's why I started following this blog. Awesome pictures, but the best was hearing about her pregnancy... I thought having a baby in the US was hard, and here everyone speaks English!