Life in Finland (and beyond)
Latest Blog Posts »
- Glimsjoki nature trail 1 week ago Yesterday I took a walk on the Glimsjoki nature trail here in Espoo. If you follow the map, you start from the Träskända manor (in the Järvenperä area. The trail is a bit rough in parts and Glimsjoki isn’t much of a river (more like a creek), but it’s a nice trail and takes about […]
- On coronavirus, part II 3 months ago This entry contains my own opinions and observations about the coronavirus situation in Finland and in my personal life. You are free to disagree. All comments on my blog are moderated, so any abusive remarks towards me or my opinions will not be approved. … We’re into week 5 of being at home...
- Mitä tänään syötäisiin? (What should we eat today?) 3 months ago Now that a great deal of us find ourselves at home more often than before on account of coronavirus, food has become front and centre in many families. There are lots of social media posts of people baking more bread now that they are home. It’s also been picked up by the media in outlets […]
- On Coronavirus 3 months ago First came the orders to practice better hygiene, then the end of public gatherings, so that killed our sports seasons on the spot back on March 13. Then came the orders to stay home, the ending of visits to our elders… and here we are. Coronavirus has become the story of 2020 around the world....
- Climate change hypocrisy 5 months ago On this Valentine’s Day, we think about love for people. I think about love for the environment. I believe that we are in the middle of the Anthropocene and I feel like a climate change hypocrite. A few years ago we bought a second car. Our family takes part in a very climate-heavy activity. We...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Finland Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Finland!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Life in Finland (and beyond) has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!