Life in Finland (and beyond)
Latest Blog Posts »
- Happy Midsummer! 3 weeks ago Dear followers of Life in Finland, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy and safe Midsummer. Tomorrow is a holiday in Finland, so there are changes to store opening hours and services. Stay safe, don’t drink and drive (or boat) and arrive alive. Stay warm too, I heard...
- The demise of the wall calendar 1 month ago How many of you still hang a calendar on your wall at home or office? A good deal of us plod through life with our calendars on our phones or use an agenda to keep things straight. I definitely use a paper agenda because there is so much going on that as long as […]
- Finland needs to change the timing of the school year 2 months ago School will end soon and the long summer holiday will begin. Kids in Finland currently attend school between August and May. I say the school year should be from the beginning of September until Midsummer. Why change? The motivation (on my part) is purely weather-related. The beginning of June can...
- Food: Spinach pancakes 3 months ago Last Friday I made spinach pancakes for the first time. The base recipe is the same for “normal” thin pancakes that we love to eat now and then at home. It was requested by a few friends, so I thought I would share it here. 1 litre of milk 2 eggs 625ml (or 2,5 cups) […]
- Picture of the Day 3 months ago Happy belated Easter! Last weekend I was up in Savo at the Mr.’s parents’ place and the weather was fantastic (except for the drive home in a snowstorm yesterday). I spent all of Friday stamping out a trail in the bush with my snowshoes and by Sunday it was in great condition. There has been...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Finland Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Finland!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Life in Finland (and beyond) has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!