Making Here Home
Latest Blog Posts »
- Short Stories - Reviews and Recommendations 1 week ago Recently I was lucky enough to receive an advanced reader’s copy of Cecelia Ahern’s latest book, ROAR. It’s a book of 30 short stories, with more than a dash of magical realism, and I pretty much gobbled the stories up one after the other. I posted about it on Instagram and was asked about...
- When this Expat thing gets too much - 5 Self Help Tips 4 weeks ago Living overseas can be wonderful. It can also be stressful, lonely and unsettling. Here a 5 self-help tips for when expat life gets too much... The post When this Expat thing gets too much – 5 Self Help Tips appeared first on Making Here Home .
- Expat Book Club Reading Challenge 2019 3 months ago Why a reading challenge? Well, its easy to get stuck in a reading rut. So this is less a challenge than a framework - to read wider, and use reading to learn about wherever you are living. The post Expat Book Club Reading Challenge 2019 appeared first on Making Here Home .
- Small steps to big change - can cutting down on meat make a difference to the planet? 4 months ago This blog is dedicated to everything about making wherever you are currently living feel like home. But whichever country you move to, we are all still residents of the same planet. And right now it feels like we are on the brink of destroying it all. Plastic pollution, air pollution, ocean...
- Eight Books to Help Achieve Your Goals in 2019 4 months ago The New Year starts and we are all full of good intentions. Whether it’s exercising more, drinking less, eating better or getting more focussed with our time, most of us kick off January full of plans. And then it gets to a few weeks in. And you remember that January is grey, and cold and...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on Making Here Home
19:16 PM May 12, 2017
Love this blog, great tips and an enjoyable read
20:30 PM May 12, 2017
I can always relate to this blog about expat life. It's so helpful to read about someone who understands the trials and tribulations (as well as the joys and successes) of living in a "host country" rather than a "home country." Can't wait to keep reading!
20:37 PM May 12, 2017
Love the fact I can relate to your blogs and they always make me smile
17:50 PM May 13, 2017
My comments are of course are going to be positive as I am the bloggers mum! I am so proud of your courage and tenacity and how you make everything a positive But even more than that how you are sharing your experiences to help others You are such a kind person and you write so eloquently, just like your mum!
12:15 PM May 15, 2017
Such a lovely read each time. The blog is a great insight into expat life and I can imagine a fantastic support tool for anyone who is 'making here home'. Beautifully written with a funny, warm and friendly tone throughout. Keep up the good work!
20:51 PM May 16, 2017
I initially found your blog when we briefly flirted with the idea of moving abroad with my husband's job. It was like you were in my head, all the tiny details causing sleepless nights and worry. You managed to help me see that this is normal and what was really important. The move is now off the cards (at least temporarily) but I so loved your posts I have continued to follow you. Now instead of making lists about things I need to consider if moving abroad, I am now making lists of countries I'd like to visit thanks to the beautiful photos, tips and descriptions of your fantastic family holidays.
22:19 PM May 16, 2017
This is a lovely blog. It's great to hear about your experiences so far in Thailand & Germany and there are great tips to help others on their journey. I look forward to reading your next post :)
09:32 AM May 20, 2017
I love reading this blog, the posts are engaging and it's great to hear genuine stories about your experiences. Thank-you for sharing
09:48 AM May 20, 2017
Great ideas, beautiful and funny writing style. I get a little dopamine hit every time my email notification alerts me to a new blog post.