Making Here Home
Latest Blog Posts »
- Living in France - Seven things I've learned in our first few weeks 1 week ago We haven’t even been living in France for two months yet. It feels like longer. Not necessarily because the time has flown due to me having too much fun…but there’s time for that! So I thought I’d share my first impressions as a British expat living in France. I wonder how much these will...
- Expat Author and Book Review: Jo Furniss, author of 'The Trailing Spouse' 1 month ago I am so happy to share this review and interview with Jo Furniss! Jo is a member of our Expat Book Club and author of the Amazon charts bestseller ‘All the Little Children’. Here she talks to us about her life as an expat and the inspiration behind her second novel, ‘The Trailing Spouse.’...
- The Truth About Moving: Expat Anxiety...Insomnia and Ikea 1 month ago The last time I was new in a new country was three years ago. I wrote about it, after the first year, and described this initial couple of weeks as having been a honeymoon period. It almost feels like you are on holiday…until the reality sinks in that you aren’t going home. So I think […] The...
- Moving on, leaving friends...Why I never can say Goodbye 2 months ago In the past five years we have lived in three different countries, and we’re just about to move to our fourth. From our home country of England to Thailand and then Germany, the latest move will take us to France. I have learned a lot through all of these experiences…the biggest thing being how...
- Books for the Beach and Beyond - Summer Reads 2018 4 months ago Summer is here and with it hopefully some time to rest, recuperate and read. I am currently in the process of packing up and getting us ready to move country, and it’s the thought of our holiday by the beach that is keeping me going! Wherever you are heading for the summer – whether it’s...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on Making Here Home
19:16 PM May 12, 2017
Love this blog, great tips and an enjoyable read
20:30 PM May 12, 2017
I can always relate to this blog about expat life. It's so helpful to read about someone who understands the trials and tribulations (as well as the joys and successes) of living in a "host country" rather than a "home country." Can't wait to keep reading!
20:37 PM May 12, 2017
Love the fact I can relate to your blogs and they always make me smile
17:50 PM May 13, 2017
My comments are of course are going to be positive as I am the bloggers mum! I am so proud of your courage and tenacity and how you make everything a positive But even more than that how you are sharing your experiences to help others You are such a kind person and you write so eloquently, just like your mum!
12:15 PM May 15, 2017
Such a lovely read each time. The blog is a great insight into expat life and I can imagine a fantastic support tool for anyone who is 'making here home'. Beautifully written with a funny, warm and friendly tone throughout. Keep up the good work!
20:51 PM May 16, 2017
I initially found your blog when we briefly flirted with the idea of moving abroad with my husband's job. It was like you were in my head, all the tiny details causing sleepless nights and worry. You managed to help me see that this is normal and what was really important. The move is now off the cards (at least temporarily) but I so loved your posts I have continued to follow you. Now instead of making lists about things I need to consider if moving abroad, I am now making lists of countries I'd like to visit thanks to the beautiful photos, tips and descriptions of your fantastic family holidays.
22:19 PM May 16, 2017
This is a lovely blog. It's great to hear about your experiences so far in Thailand & Germany and there are great tips to help others on their journey. I look forward to reading your next post :)
09:32 AM May 20, 2017
I love reading this blog, the posts are engaging and it's great to hear genuine stories about your experiences. Thank-you for sharing
09:48 AM May 20, 2017
Great ideas, beautiful and funny writing style. I get a little dopamine hit every time my email notification alerts me to a new blog post.