Making Here Home
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Homesick Expat - does it ever get better? 2 months ago The homesick expat. It’s a cliché. But, like most clichés, it reveals a truth. One of the first things people ask me when they find out we live abroad is ‘aren’t you homesick?’ But what is homesickness? It’s more than just missing your actual home. You are now away from familiar...
- The upside to all those Expat goodbyes... 2 months ago One of the hardest things about expat life is all those goodbyes. They don’t seem to get any easier. But there is an upside... The post The upside to all those Expat goodbyes… appeared first on Making Here Home .
- Summer Reading Recommendations 2019 5 months ago When I started this post it did not feel like summer – rain, rain and more rain. Testament to the changeability of the weather in Paris (and my procrastination) we are now experiencing a heatwave… But whether you are home or away this summer, in sunshine or in rain (I hope it’s the former) I...
- Forty Thoughts on Turning Forty 5 months ago I thought turning forty was one of those things that only happened to other people. Er, nope. Here I am, celebrating my 40th birthday this week. Even writing that seems weird because my brain still thinks I’m 26. My body, on the other hand, definitely got the memo… But birthdays should always...
- Short Stories - Reviews and Recommendations 7 months ago Recently I was lucky enough to receive an advanced reader’s copy of Cecelia Ahern’s latest book, ROAR. It’s a book of 30 short stories, with more than a dash of magical realism, and I pretty much gobbled the stories up one after the other. I posted about it on Instagram and was asked about...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on Making Here Home
19:16 PM May 12, 2017
Love this blog, great tips and an enjoyable read
20:30 PM May 12, 2017
I can always relate to this blog about expat life. It's so helpful to read about someone who understands the trials and tribulations (as well as the joys and successes) of living in a "host country" rather than a "home country." Can't wait to keep reading!
20:37 PM May 12, 2017
Love the fact I can relate to your blogs and they always make me smile
17:50 PM May 13, 2017
My comments are of course are going to be positive as I am the bloggers mum! I am so proud of your courage and tenacity and how you make everything a positive But even more than that how you are sharing your experiences to help others You are such a kind person and you write so eloquently, just like your mum!
12:15 PM May 15, 2017
Such a lovely read each time. The blog is a great insight into expat life and I can imagine a fantastic support tool for anyone who is 'making here home'. Beautifully written with a funny, warm and friendly tone throughout. Keep up the good work!
20:51 PM May 16, 2017
I initially found your blog when we briefly flirted with the idea of moving abroad with my husband's job. It was like you were in my head, all the tiny details causing sleepless nights and worry. You managed to help me see that this is normal and what was really important. The move is now off the cards (at least temporarily) but I so loved your posts I have continued to follow you. Now instead of making lists about things I need to consider if moving abroad, I am now making lists of countries I'd like to visit thanks to the beautiful photos, tips and descriptions of your fantastic family holidays.
22:19 PM May 16, 2017
This is a lovely blog. It's great to hear about your experiences so far in Thailand & Germany and there are great tips to help others on their journey. I look forward to reading your next post :)
09:32 AM May 20, 2017
I love reading this blog, the posts are engaging and it's great to hear genuine stories about your experiences. Thank-you for sharing
09:48 AM May 20, 2017
Great ideas, beautiful and funny writing style. I get a little dopamine hit every time my email notification alerts me to a new blog post.