Oddities and Ends
Latest Blog Posts »
- Cologne, Germany: The Best in the West 7 hours ago Cologne was the beginning and end of our cycling vacation this year. My husband drove from home with our bikes, and I took the NightJet all the way from Vienna. Then, we left the car in Cologne and took the train to Mainz; over the next five days, we biked at a leisurely pace back to Cologne,...
- Cycling Along the Rhine River in Germany, Part 2 1 week ago My husband and I recently completed a 5-day cycling trip along the Rhine River in Germany. This post covers the last three days of our vacation. If you’d like to read about the first half, which is full of castles and deadly toboggan rides, click here! Day 3 On our third day, we stopped to...
- Cycling Along the Rhine River in Germany 1 week ago Cycling along the Rhine River is a popular Summer vacation here in Germany. So much so, there are tourism companies dedicated to planning your entire cycling trip. They book all your hotels and transport your items, so you don’t have lug them around on your bike like some kind of peasant. Not...
- No Kangaroos in Austria: A Vienna Travel Guide 2 weeks ago I’ve recently returned from an amazing two-week stay in Vienna, Austria. I was there for the Goethe Institute’s 2-week language and culture course. We spent about 4 hours learning German every morning, and the rest of the day was centered around leisure activities. Of course, you’re under no...
- The Best of Düsseldorf 2 months ago By Sunday morning, Düsseldorf was a ghost town. We didn’t see a single person on our way to get breakfast. Perhaps, they were all still asleep after a night of partying extra hard to Schlager music. There were a few other guests getting a bun or coffee, but the place was by no means full....
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Oddities and Ends
21:18 PM September 13, 2017
Very astute observations into daily life. An excellent read!
21:44 PM September 13, 2017
Insightful and very funny!
02:17 AM September 14, 2017
I've known Jessie since she lived in the U.S., and her observations in her blog are always funny and interesting to read.
16:05 PM September 14, 2017
Always fun to read about her daily experiences!
18:15 PM September 14, 2017
Jessie's insights and views on the world are not only unique, they also remain relevant to the lives of people living in and out of the United States. I would highly recommend this blog for those already in Germany, people thinking about living in Germany, and for those who have just heard of Germany. Everyone should give it a read!
18:45 PM September 15, 2017
I love Jessie's blog! Always a fun read.