Oddities and Ends
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Best of Düsseldorf 1 week ago By Sunday morning, Düsseldorf was a ghost town. We didn’t see a single person on our way to get breakfast. There were a few other guests getting a bun or coffee, but the place was by no means full. About halfway through our breakfast, another guest sat down and began blasting dance music from...
- Düsseldorf, Germany: Party Central? 4 weeks ago Two weeks ago, my husband and I met up with an American friend of ours in Düsseldorf, Germany. I’d never been there before, and neither had my husband. Now that Germany is my home, I’ve made it a goal to see as much of it as possible. We would have been excited to meet up with our friend even...
- Strawberry Fields Forever in Germany 1 month ago A few weeks ago, we took our bikes to a nearby strawberry field where you can pick your own strawberries. All you have to do is bring your own container, which you have weighed before you begin picking. You also have the option to simply buy a container of strawberries from the shirtless man at the...
- A Long Weekend in Leipzig, Germany 1 month ago A few weeks ago, we spent a long weekend in Leipzig, Germany. My husband wanted to go to Hamburg, but since we were already there in 2015, I picked Leipzig instead. Don’t get me wrong, Hamburg is great; I think it might be my favorite German city. I want to see as much of Germany as possible,...
- Getting Wasted on Father's Day: A German Tradition 2 months ago Father’s Day isn’t a big deal in America. Your average American dad gets a card his wife forced the kids to sign and maybe a tie. In Germany, things are a bit…different. I can’t say for sure if men get gifts here, but I do know one thing they get here: shit-faced. In Germany, Father’s...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Oddities and Ends
21:18 PM September 13, 2017
Very astute observations into daily life. An excellent read!
21:44 PM September 13, 2017
Insightful and very funny!
02:17 AM September 14, 2017
I've known Jessie since she lived in the U.S., and her observations in her blog are always funny and interesting to read.
16:05 PM September 14, 2017
Always fun to read about her daily experiences!
18:15 PM September 14, 2017
Jessie's insights and views on the world are not only unique, they also remain relevant to the lives of people living in and out of the United States. I would highly recommend this blog for those already in Germany, people thinking about living in Germany, and for those who have just heard of Germany. Everyone should give it a read!
18:45 PM September 15, 2017
I love Jessie's blog! Always a fun read.