Oddities and Ends
Latest Blog Posts »
- Amsterdam: Two Days in the City of Canals 4 days ago Amsterdam: a city best-known for legal prostitution and pot. As a potential visitor, you might find yourself wondering: IS there much to do if you’re not part of a British stag party? As it turns out, yes! There’s so more to this legendary city than just the red light district. There are great...
- Food Fight! Supermarkets in Germany VS America 2 weeks ago At first glance, supermarkets in Germany seem quite similar to their American counterparts. Grocery stores like Real and Rewe look just like any Kroger or Meijer back in my home state of Michigan. Aldi looks a lot like, well…Aldi. Sure, sometimes the layout may be a bit different, but it’s...
- Hamburg, Germany: I'm on a Boat 3 weeks ago Hamburg was the third city I visited during my first trip to Germany, way back in December 2015. Out of the three cities we visited, it was my favorite. Fast-forward nearly 3 years later, and we finally made time for a second visit. Planning one of your own? Here are some of my favorite things do...
- Post-Apocalyptic Playgrounds in Wolfsburg, Germany 1 month ago Playgrounds in Germany range from the average to the impressive. There are a lot of them, too; in my little city of Wolfsburg alone, with a population just over 120k, you’re within a 5 minute walk of a playground from basically any starting point. Depending on where you live, that might not sound...
- Learning German: What to Watch 1 month ago Learning German can be quite difficult. It can also be really boring if you spend the entire time with your nose in a textbook. One of the best tools for learning a new language, besides speaking it regularly, is consuming media in your target language. When you’re just starting to learn, merely...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Oddities and Ends
21:18 PM September 13, 2017
Very astute observations into daily life. An excellent read!
21:44 PM September 13, 2017
Insightful and very funny!
02:17 AM September 14, 2017
I've known Jessie since she lived in the U.S., and her observations in her blog are always funny and interesting to read.
16:05 PM September 14, 2017
Always fun to read about her daily experiences!
18:15 PM September 14, 2017
Jessie's insights and views on the world are not only unique, they also remain relevant to the lives of people living in and out of the United States. I would highly recommend this blog for those already in Germany, people thinking about living in Germany, and for those who have just heard of Germany. Everyone should give it a read!
18:45 PM September 15, 2017
I love Jessie's blog! Always a fun read.