Oddities and Ends
Latest Blog Posts »
- My Favorite Things About Living in Germany 3 months ago There’s a lot to love about living in Germany. Lately, though—and mostly because of the pandemic!—I feel like I’ve been forgetting just how lucky I am to live here. As my husband can attest, I’ve been whining even more than usual about aspects of life here that I find annoying. In my...
- German Comedy: Nichts zu Lachen? 5 months ago German comedy has a bad reputation. Even Germans, self-deprecating people that they are, will often say that German comedy just isn’t very good. Is that true, though? First, I have to be honest and add a little disclaimer that I haven’t seen many German comedies. That may be because the first...
- My Favorite German Movies, TV, Podcasts and More 6 months ago A key part of learning German (or any language) is immersion. That’s tricky, of course, if you don’t live in a German-speaking country. This post is a companion of sorts to my last post on learning German. In that post, I broke down how I learned German in about three years. Unfortunately, it...
- Learn German: Fluency in Three Years 6 months ago Do you want to learn German? Or, worse…do you have to learn German? I learned German in about three years. Last November, I took the TELC Deutsch C1 Hochschule exam and passed. Officially speaking (which is, incidentally, the best way to speak in Germany) I am a “proficient” or...
- Goodbye, Donnie: America Fires Trump 8 months ago Biden won. Trump has been defeated. We love to see it, folks. I’m so relieved. At the same time, though, I don’t think America is completely out of the woods just yet. Trump has stacked the courts in his favor. He has sycophants at his side who may yet help him cheat the American people out of...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Oddities and Ends
21:18 PM September 13, 2017
Very astute observations into daily life. An excellent read!
21:44 PM September 13, 2017
Insightful and very funny!
02:17 AM September 14, 2017
I've known Jessie since she lived in the U.S., and her observations in her blog are always funny and interesting to read.
16:05 PM September 14, 2017
Always fun to read about her daily experiences!
18:15 PM September 14, 2017
Jessie's insights and views on the world are not only unique, they also remain relevant to the lives of people living in and out of the United States. I would highly recommend this blog for those already in Germany, people thinking about living in Germany, and for those who have just heard of Germany. Everyone should give it a read!
18:45 PM September 15, 2017
I love Jessie's blog! Always a fun read.