Oddities and Ends
Latest Blog Posts »
- Why I Went Vegan 2 days ago I went vegan in early March of this year. A few people in my life have asked me why. I’ve created this post as an easy-to-read (and hopefully easy to google translate!) response. With the exception of reviewing vegan restaurants while traveling, it’s unlikely that this topic will come up again....
- Pay-to-Pee: Public Toilets in Germany 1 week ago Pay toilets: like pay-to-play, but worse. Although peeing for free is a God-given right in ‘Muricah, you’ll find that’s not (usually) the case in Germany. Indeed, it’s not the case in most of Europe. You can expect to pay at least 50 cents every time nature calls while you’re out in...
- Teaching English in Germany: A Reality Check 3 weeks ago Teaching English to adults in Germany is a fun, rewarding experience. I know that I’ve personally enjoyed my time here as an EFL (English as a foreign language) teacher. But is it right for everyone? A lot of expats share the positives of teaching adults English in Germany while glossing over the...
- Dating in America: A Guide for German Expats 1 month ago Dating in America. If you’re a single German moving to the USA, you might be wondering what the dating “scene” will be like. This article covers the differences (and similarities) between America and Germany when it comes to dating. I’ll also share the best places to meet your potential...
- Social Norms in America: A Guide for German Expats 2 months ago Social norms. Germany and America share a lot of similarities, but there are a few key differences. Are you a German planning a move to America? This post covers the most important social norms to keep in mind as a German expat. After all, as any true German knows…it’s best to come prepared....
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Oddities and Ends
21:18 PM September 13, 2017
Very astute observations into daily life. An excellent read!
21:44 PM September 13, 2017
Insightful and very funny!
02:17 AM September 14, 2017
I've known Jessie since she lived in the U.S., and her observations in her blog are always funny and interesting to read.
16:05 PM September 14, 2017
Always fun to read about her daily experiences!
18:15 PM September 14, 2017
Jessie's insights and views on the world are not only unique, they also remain relevant to the lives of people living in and out of the United States. I would highly recommend this blog for those already in Germany, people thinking about living in Germany, and for those who have just heard of Germany. Everyone should give it a read!
18:45 PM September 15, 2017
I love Jessie's blog! Always a fun read.