Oddities and Ends
Latest Blog Posts »
- Christmas Markets in Germany 6 hours ago If you’re in Germany in December, visiting a Christmas Market (Weihnachtsmarkt) should be one of your top priorities. It doesn’t matter if you’re a tourist, an expat who has already been here for a few years, or a native German. Get thee to a Christmas Market! Why? Well, they’re easily the...
- Don't Stand so Close to Me: Personal Space in Germany 2 weeks ago Personal space is very important to your average American. Maybe it’s because we’re used to having (or coveting, in the case of many city dwellers) a lot of space. Either way, we don’t like to be near strangers; hell, many of us don’t even hug close friends or family. We say hello from a...
- Tierpark Hagenbeck in Hamburg, Germany 2 months ago Tierpark Hagenbeck is a zoo in Hamburg, Germany. It’s notable for being the first zoo to use moats, rather than barred cages, for their animal enclosures. It’s also known for being the filming location of my favorite German TV show, Leopard, Seebär und Co. I’ve been wanting to visit for a...
- Amsterdam: Two Days in the City of Canals 3 months ago Amsterdam: a city best-known for legal prostitution and pot. As a potential visitor, you might find yourself wondering: IS there much to do if you’re not part of a British stag party? As it turns out, yes! There’s so more to this legendary city than just the red light district. There are great...
- Food Fight! Supermarkets in Germany VS America 3 months ago At first glance, supermarkets in Germany seem quite similar to their American counterparts. Grocery stores like Real and Rewe look just like any Kroger or Meijer back in my home state of Michigan. Aldi looks a lot like, well…Aldi. Sure, sometimes the layout may be a bit different, but it’s...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Oddities and Ends
21:18 PM September 13, 2017
Very astute observations into daily life. An excellent read!
21:44 PM September 13, 2017
Insightful and very funny!
02:17 AM September 14, 2017
I've known Jessie since she lived in the U.S., and her observations in her blog are always funny and interesting to read.
16:05 PM September 14, 2017
Always fun to read about her daily experiences!
18:15 PM September 14, 2017
Jessie's insights and views on the world are not only unique, they also remain relevant to the lives of people living in and out of the United States. I would highly recommend this blog for those already in Germany, people thinking about living in Germany, and for those who have just heard of Germany. Everyone should give it a read!
18:45 PM September 15, 2017
I love Jessie's blog! Always a fun read.