Our Normandy Life
Latest Blog Posts »
- How To Get A Job In Normandy, France 2 months ago Guess what? Did you know that France is the only country in the world where you can retire at the ripe old age of mid forties? And if you’re a bit unfortunate it’s late fifties?! I’m just kidding with you. Of course France isn’t the only country in the world where you can retire to at...
- What's The Deal With The Brevet? 3 months ago In keeping with my What’s The Deal With Lycee and using 1980s American Teen speak, I thought this might be a handy heads up (stop with the 80s Teen talk!) for any of those trying to make sense of the French schooling system. The Brevet is the diploma all students in college (high/secondary...
- Top 5: French Men V British Men 4 months ago Yeah this one is full on generalisation and quite frankly I don’t care. It’s not politically correct at all. Which, lets face it, the world’s politicians aren’t actually a shining example of how one should conduct themselves. My little evaluation is hardly going to scratch the surface...
- Top 5 Things I Miss From The UK 5 months ago Okay, the other day I posted a picture of the empty road as we made our way up to the coast. It was a Bank Holiday here in France – the first of many in May and the kids were off. We took two with us and left one at home. We had a nice… Continue reading Top 5 Things I Miss From The UK
- Top 5: Why You Should Speak Bad French 6 months ago I often beat myself up for not being fluent after being here for nearly 2 years. Only the other week I left my French lesson feeling totally demoralised. I frequently come away internally wailing to myself “how am I ever going to be fluent?” It’s not like I don’t try really hard. I do...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Our Normandy Life
08:59 AM February 02, 2018
I love this blog! Not only is it full of helpful, real advice and information but it's also a very entertaining read! For anyone considering relocating to France or if you're already there trying to live the dream, I highly recommend checking in with this blogger.
10:17 AM February 02, 2018
I love the style this blog is written in....the right amount of humour and interesting content. There are lots of good photos too which really add to the enjoyment of the blog posts. I look forward to reading more! I have been really enjoying the photos of the house renovation. Having been through an extension build I know how disruptive it is so it must be extra tough doing a whole house and in a different country!