Write Now Rebekah
Latest Blog Posts »
- Insiders 3 months ago My google search history is a glimpse into my mental state. A headweather tangle of all things coronavirus related. Symptoms. News. It clearly charts the steady decline in my homeschooling ideals. Early on it was alphabet worksheets & maths exercises. Yoga for kids. Images of outer space. The...
- Locked in 3 months ago Take a deep DEEP breath and accept that the next few weeks (dear God I hope it’s not months) will be shite. Your kids will drive you demented and you will have fantasies about murdering your spouse. Murder is messy, remember this. You already have enough housework to do. You do not want to have...
- Mouse Trouble 3 months ago When our boy was 9 weeks old, we took our first family-of-3 trip from our home in Cornwall, to the Netherlands. My husband needed to work at the Dutch office and myself and the baby tagged along. I was thrilled at the thought of hanging out in a fancy hotel with our teeny guy (Room service!...
- Mister Magnolia 4 months ago Our daily school run is a half hour commute. This takes into account the baffling amount of time two small kids need to get in, and out, of the various doors they have to navigate from house-to-car and car-to-school. The Dutch are sad for us that school is too far away to cycle to. I’m not. I...
- The Fabulous Lost & Found 4 months ago “In the middle of the big city is a tiny yellow building. If anyone loses anything, this is where it ends up. It’s called the Lost and Found..." Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 10 reviews on Write Now Rebekah
12:01 PM August 24, 2018
Love these posts from the entertaining blog of expat life and parenting. They are funny, honest and a bit quirky! My favorite blog of all.
12:15 PM August 24, 2018
Always look forward to reading the next adventure that Rebekah writes about. Her musings are wonderfully written, amusing and draw pictures in my head. Makes me want to visit Holland again and see it through her eyes
12:18 PM August 24, 2018
Loving this lady’s writing. All these experiences are so close to home,only I would not be able express myself so well. Reading her blog put a smile on my face. Looking forward to the next one.
12:26 PM August 24, 2018
Mostly hilarious, often moving and always wonderfully written observations and tales of parenthood that are utterly relatable and offer a brilliant flavour of what it’s like to undergo the usual challenges (to sanity!) that kids bring, with the added hurdle of doing so in a new country whilst adapting to its culture. Thoroughly worth using the rare quiet moments I get to read, laugh out loud and sometimes feel a bit leaky in the eye area. Highly recommended reading and of manageable length for my tired weary Mum eyes!
12:27 PM August 24, 2018
A very funny writer with even funnier kids. Love reading their suburban adventures.
12:43 PM August 24, 2018
Blimmin’ hilarious. And I’d imagine, if you’re living the Dutch dream too, pretty useful.
20:45 PM August 24, 2018
I have total admiration for this crazy family, bringing up their wonderfully interesting children in the Netherlands. Thanks Rebekah for sharing your daily challenges so eloquently, and giving us all a giggle at the same time. This blog is like a good boxset. I can't wait to read the next instalment.
21:15 PM August 24, 2018
Reading this blog always brightens up my day!!
21:28 PM August 24, 2018
Love to read your blog .... so clear and funny ...
12:19 PM August 25, 2018
Highly entertaining and well written blogs. Rebekah captures her family moments beautifully and most mom’s can relate! Look forward to many more!!