Write Now Rebekah
Latest Blog Posts »
- The school trip 2 weeks ago One afternoon, at school pick up, my son’s teacher asked me, “Can you come on the school trip? We need another volunteer.” I said, “Yes”. And tried not to look too surprised that she’d solicited my help. I guessed she was desperate. The actual shit-together Dutch mum gang must have...
- Crumples 2 months ago Crumples - A story about the time I found out that my six-year-old thought that I came from the Paleolithic period. Because I’m that old. Continue reading →
- Wee are not amused 3 months ago I’m now known as the woman who washes her face in wee. That's wee-ly going to help me integrate, isn't it?! Or maybe, just maybe.... I've discovered something that the Dutchies already do?!!! Maybe it's already a trend. Wee washing. Sure why not? I mean snail gunk is being sold as moisturiser...
- Homework 3 months ago We’ve just had a school holiday in the Netherlands. Two weeks off from school (them) and the evening Dutch course (me). It wasn’t so much a holiday for me, in the traditional sense of the word. More like a relentless 12 hour day shift. In a job where I am enslaved by titchy, belligerent...
- You've got to be yolk-ing 4 months ago I got an egg for Easter. One. It was a prized and lovely Cadbury Creme Egg, Easter Egg. Anyone who knows and loves me, will be fully aware of my deep feelings of adoration for Creme Eggs….I’m addicted, I think there might actually be crack cocaine in them. The Netherlands doesn’t share my...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 10 reviews on Write Now Rebekah
12:01 PM August 24, 2018
Love these posts from the entertaining blog of expat life and parenting. They are funny, honest and a bit quirky! My favorite blog of all.
12:15 PM August 24, 2018
Always look forward to reading the next adventure that Rebekah writes about. Her musings are wonderfully written, amusing and draw pictures in my head. Makes me want to visit Holland again and see it through her eyes
12:18 PM August 24, 2018
Loving this lady’s writing. All these experiences are so close to home,only I would not be able express myself so well. Reading her blog put a smile on my face. Looking forward to the next one.
12:26 PM August 24, 2018
Mostly hilarious, often moving and always wonderfully written observations and tales of parenthood that are utterly relatable and offer a brilliant flavour of what it’s like to undergo the usual challenges (to sanity!) that kids bring, with the added hurdle of doing so in a new country whilst adapting to its culture. Thoroughly worth using the rare quiet moments I get to read, laugh out loud and sometimes feel a bit leaky in the eye area. Highly recommended reading and of manageable length for my tired weary Mum eyes!
12:27 PM August 24, 2018
A very funny writer with even funnier kids. Love reading their suburban adventures.
12:43 PM August 24, 2018
Blimmin’ hilarious. And I’d imagine, if you’re living the Dutch dream too, pretty useful.
20:45 PM August 24, 2018
I have total admiration for this crazy family, bringing up their wonderfully interesting children in the Netherlands. Thanks Rebekah for sharing your daily challenges so eloquently, and giving us all a giggle at the same time. This blog is like a good boxset. I can't wait to read the next instalment.
21:15 PM August 24, 2018
Reading this blog always brightens up my day!!
21:28 PM August 24, 2018
Love to read your blog .... so clear and funny ...
12:19 PM August 25, 2018
Highly entertaining and well written blogs. Rebekah captures her family moments beautifully and most mom’s can relate! Look forward to many more!!