Your Third Life
Latest Blog Posts »
- Familiar gathering 1 week ago When one meets an American for the first time, the odds are good you will part company with one of you inviting the other over to their house “sometime.” Not so in Spain. In fact, one of the things we read about as part of our cultural prep for the relocation was to be aware ... Read...
- No place like a home 2 weeks ago My mother, originally a Brit who came to America as a war bride after WW II, and Jiab would often compare experiences as immigrants. In my rare position as a silent listener, I was always taken by their shared struggle to define what for me and most Americans was a simple concept…defining what...
- Courting Success 3 weeks ago What I learned from attending a clay court tennis tournament in Madrid about what it takes, beyond raw talent, to be at the top of one’s game—not just in tennis, but also in personal finance and in life.
- SOP 1 month ago Even when we know things will be different, there are just some ways of doing things we either expect to be the same or just take for granted that there can be no other way. Apartment hunting, it turns out, is a whole different thing in Spain.
- Keeping in Touch - Part 2 1 month ago Disclosure: Please note that we don’t get any compensation from these companies that we recommend with this piece. We name them strictly to share our experience in staying in communication with our family and friends. We do, however, get a small affiliate income if someone orders from Amazon...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 14 reviews on Your Third Life
10:18 AM October 03, 2018
Very informative, I like the alternating combination of detailed numbers and big picture reflection.
12:38 PM October 03, 2018
Loving this blog! Not only is it funny, but it’s full of practical ideas. Not actually moving to Granada to live? One can enjoy the travel ideas and insights, as well as the tips for managing as one plans toward retirement.
13:26 PM October 03, 2018
Jim is an amazing writer with a fantastic knowledge of history. I can’t wait to read more.
18:24 PM October 03, 2018
Thoroughly enjoy readinng advice and adventures!
01:10 AM October 04, 2018
Love reading about your adventures! And love Jiab's great advice too! Keep up the good work!
01:52 AM October 04, 2018
This is probably the best blog I’ve ever read. Jim has an uncanny way with words, and Jiab with numbers. They pair up to bring posts that are filled with excellent information, but are easy to read and downright entertaining. I look forward to every post
04:08 AM October 04, 2018
Absolutely love this blog! Makes me want to travel more!
04:11 AM October 04, 2018
I love this blog! Very funny and informative! Makes me want to visit Spain!
01:56 AM October 05, 2018
informative and entertaining
11:26 AM October 05, 2018
I really enjoy reading their insights and perspectives. Keep it up. I can't wait to read more from both Jiab and Jim.
20:57 PM October 05, 2018
Amusing stories, insightful tips. Thoroughly enjoyable.
00:39 AM October 06, 2018
I love this blog! Jiab’s posts are my favorite. They are informative and insightful, and I walk away with extremely useful, new information.
03:04 AM October 07, 2018
I get so much insight from Jiab's posts - learning of things I didn't know were possible and gaining tools that I can use for my future finances. Jim tells stories of life and the area that are amusing and thought-provoking. His posts seem like fragments of a novel with his crafty prose. Thanks to this blog, I know that every Wednesday I'm in for a treat!
16:59 PM November 15, 2018
Witty, excellent writing, and love their perspectives on balancing planning and enjoying the now. I plan to take some cues from them, so glad they are sharing their experiences.