We Travel Portugal
Latest Blog Posts »
- Portuguese Sangria - Authentic Sangria From Portugal 2 months ago A surprise to some people when they arrive in Portugal is just how prolific sangria is. But it’s no surprise to the people that live here though, Portugal is just as much a country of wine as Spain is. Although across the world sangria is often considered more of a Spanish drink and tied to ......
- Vinho Espumante - Portuguese Sparkling Wines 3 months ago Vinho Espumante is a type of sparkling wine produced in Portugal, not too dissimilar to the much more well-known French Champagne, Italian Prosecco, and Spanish Cava. Similarly to those, it’s an amazingly versatile wine that is just perfect for late summer evenings, celebrations, and even...
- Sopa da Pedra - Portuguese Stone Soup 3 months ago One of the best ways to start a meal in Portugal is with a bowl of warm soup. They are widely available across the country and so popular, that even some big fast-food chains will have a selection of soups included on their menus. They can be a simple vegetable soup or more elaborate concoctions...
- Bacalhau á Gomes de Sá Recipe -Portuguese Salt Cod and Potato Casserole 3 months ago The recipe we share today is one of the most popular ways to prepare salt codfish in Portugal: Bacalhau à Gomes de Sá. For those who are not familiar with the name, Bacalhau à Gomes de Sá is a potato and salted cod casserole. The key ingredients of this recipe are potatoes, codfish, onion,...
- Should You Tip in Portugal? A Guide to Tipping in Portugal 3 months ago This question probably gets asked weekly and will often spur a heated debate. Why is it such a debate? Well quite simply, the popular areas of Portugal are filled with a mixture of expats, foreign tourists, and local tourists from all over Portugal. Who, understandably, bring and apply their...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on We Travel Portugal
23:14 PM February 18, 2020
Really useful local blog, beautiful photography and some great ideas for local travel. I always come back to this blog to check their latest posts!
16:30 PM March 04, 2020
Good blog with some nice tips for travelers to Portugal.
19:12 PM March 07, 2020
Well written and with good humour! It has a nice mix of travel guides, history and even a few posts on the culture of Portugal!
13:28 PM April 01, 2020
Some excellent wildlife and hiking guides for Portugal and the Algarve. Found their blog while searching for information on flamingos, stunning photography and good local info!
19:47 PM May 04, 2020
Love this blog, really shines a light on being local Portugal. Some great recipes too!
16:31 PM January 10, 2021
Some great recipes, loved their bacalhau com natas!
11:02 AM January 20, 2021