We Travel Portugal
Latest Blog Posts »
- Panorâmico de Monsanto: The Abandoned Restaurant of Monsanto 1 year ago Located on the outskirts of Lisbon is Parque Florestal de Monsanto, it’s Lisbon’s largest park and it covers most of the Serra de Monsanto – The Monsanto Hills.At its highest point and offering the best views of Lisbon and the Tagus River is the Panorâmico de Monsanto. In its 1970s heyday it...
- Rissóis de Camarão - Portuguese Shrimp Rissoles 1 year ago If you visited Portugal, you’ve probably noticed these golden-brown half-moon shaped pastries displayed in supermarkets and traditional cafés. They are called rissóis and they are deep-fried pastries usually filled with shrimp or mincemeat. They are the perfect pairing to an imperial and are...
- Bacalhau à Lagareiro: Portuguese Oven Baked Cod - Lagareiro Style 1 year ago Bacalhau à Lagareiro is also known as Bacalhau no Forno – Roasted Saltcod, and Bacalhau Assado com Batatas a Murro – Roasted Saltcod with Punched Potatoes. It consists of roasted salt cod which abundantly coated in olive oil, and usually paired with potatoes, onions, and garlic. It is one of...
- Quinta da Arealva - Urban Art and Murals in Almada 1 year ago Cais do Ginjal is often called the best sunset in Lisbon. It’s hard not to be wowed by either of the two restaurants as the sun sets on the Tagus River. It’s rapidly becoming one of the top ‘Lisbon’ must dos, despite technically being on the wrong side of the River and in Almada. With ......
- Portuguese Fish Stew - Caldeirada de Peixe 1 year ago Caldeirada is a traditional Portuguese and Galician dish comprising varied fish, vegetables, spices and herbs, stewed in a rich broth. It is believed to have been created by fishermen, who needed a fulfilling meal after a day at sea. Back then the fish used would vary depending on the catch of the...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on We Travel Portugal
23:14 PM February 18, 2020
Really useful local blog, beautiful photography and some great ideas for local travel. I always come back to this blog to check their latest posts!
16:30 PM March 04, 2020
Good blog with some nice tips for travelers to Portugal.
19:12 PM March 07, 2020
Well written and with good humour! It has a nice mix of travel guides, history and even a few posts on the culture of Portugal!
13:28 PM April 01, 2020
Some excellent wildlife and hiking guides for Portugal and the Algarve. Found their blog while searching for information on flamingos, stunning photography and good local info!
19:47 PM May 04, 2020
Love this blog, really shines a light on being local Portugal. Some great recipes too!
16:31 PM January 10, 2021
Some great recipes, loved their bacalhau com natas!
11:02 AM January 20, 2021
13:11 PM September 17, 2021
Authentic recipes and good wine guides!