We Travel Portugal
Latest Blog Posts »
- Portuguese Coffee - How to Order Coffee in Portugal like a Local 2 weeks ago With at least one of us having lots of experience of working in a typical Portuguese café we thought we’d be in a great position to explain coffee in Portugal. Not just the types of coffee you can get, but more importantly how to order them when you’re in Portugal. Today, coffee is an...
- How to Buy Fish and Seafood in Portugal - Buying Guide 3 weeks ago With an incredible coastline, a long heritage of fishing industry, and an impressive culinary scene. There is simply so much choice when it comes to fish and shellfish in Portugal. It might be one of our favourite things about the local Portuguese markets, a wide variety of fresh fish available...
- Bacalhau - Portuguese Dried and Salted Cod Fish 1 month ago Bacalhau is perhaps one of the most famous parts of Portuguese cuisine. Maybe as synonymous with Portugal as a pastel de nata, or grilled sardines. The curious thing about it though? Bacalhau isn’t actually Portuguese, although today it’s not easy to find out. What is bacalhau? Well, the direct...
- Évoramonte: The Complete Guide to Évoramonte, Portugal 2 months ago Many places in the Alentejo could be taken straight from fantasy films; walled villages, beautiful castles and timeless countryside. One that makes this list is the delightful village of Évoramonte. It’s a small village of just several hundred people surrounded by centuries old walls. In the...
- Pastéis de Bacalhau: How To Make Portuguese Codfish Cakes! 2 months ago Pastéis de Bacalhau or codfish cakes are a popular appetizer at many snack-bars and restaurants here in Portugal. They are popular for good reason, a deep fried combination of potatoes and cod that can be eaten at any time of day. Codfish cakes are a good introduction to bacalhau, a traditional...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on We Travel Portugal
23:14 PM February 18, 2020
Really useful local blog, beautiful photography and some great ideas for local travel. I always come back to this blog to check their latest posts!
16:30 PM March 04, 2020
Good blog with some nice tips for travelers to Portugal.
19:12 PM March 07, 2020
Well written and with good humour! It has a nice mix of travel guides, history and even a few posts on the culture of Portugal!
13:28 PM April 01, 2020
Some excellent wildlife and hiking guides for Portugal and the Algarve. Found their blog while searching for information on flamingos, stunning photography and good local info!
19:47 PM May 04, 2020
Love this blog, really shines a light on being local Portugal. Some great recipes too!