We Travel Portugal
Latest Blog Posts »
- Esparguete com Amêijoas - Spaghetti with Clams 5 days ago Although pasta dishes are usually associated with Italian cuisine, you’ll find Portugal also has a rich variety of them too. Travel near any coastal region and you’ll soon find an array of seafood pasta dishes which are some of our favourites to come across. They’re often deliciously simple,...
- Ameijoas à Bulhão Pato - Bulhão Pato Clams 5 days ago For most foreigners, the first thing we might think of when we see or hear the words Bulhão Pato is probably a delicious dish of clams. However, to the locals and fans of Portuguese literature, it’s actually the last name of a famous poet – Raimundo António de Bulhão Pato. So how did a 19th...
- Arroz Doce - Portuguese Rice Pudding Recipe 2 weeks ago Arroz doce is a traditional rice-based desert known to many across Portugal. Although arroz doce can be directly translated as sweet rice. It’s better known as rice pudding for our English speakers, and milchreis for the German speakers. Essentially though, it’s a bowl of sweet and creamy rice...
- Arroz de Pato - Portuguese Style Duck Rice 3 weeks ago Arroz de Pato is an authentic Portuguese dish which has its roots in the North of Portugal, specifically the city of Braga. It combines some of the most symbolic elements of traditional Portuguese cuisine, bay leaf, garlic, wine, and of course rice. Rice might not be the first thing you think of...
- Bacalhau à Brás - Brás Style Cod Recipe 3 weeks ago If you’ve been to Portugal it’s more than likely you’ve come across the name Bacalhau à Brás on the menu of lots of snack-bars or restaurants. It’s a popular dish and is one of the most common ways of preparing bacalhau. In case you are wondering, the name Brás actually refers to its...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on We Travel Portugal
23:14 PM February 18, 2020
Really useful local blog, beautiful photography and some great ideas for local travel. I always come back to this blog to check their latest posts!
16:30 PM March 04, 2020
Good blog with some nice tips for travelers to Portugal.
19:12 PM March 07, 2020
Well written and with good humour! It has a nice mix of travel guides, history and even a few posts on the culture of Portugal!
13:28 PM April 01, 2020
Some excellent wildlife and hiking guides for Portugal and the Algarve. Found their blog while searching for information on flamingos, stunning photography and good local info!
19:47 PM May 04, 2020
Love this blog, really shines a light on being local Portugal. Some great recipes too!
16:31 PM January 10, 2021
Some great recipes, loved their bacalhau com natas!
11:02 AM January 20, 2021