We Travel Portugal
Latest Blog Posts »
- Farol, the Complete Guide to Ilha do Farol, Portugal 5 days ago Ilha do Farol is a small community on a barrier island on the edge of the Ria Formosa, around 10km from Faro and 6km from Olhão. Praia do Farol, or Ilha do Farol as it’s known locally, is actually located on Ilha da Culatra. Although the names suggest they are separate islands, they are two ......
- Is Nando's Portuguese? 1 week ago Two questions we’ve been asked a surprising amount of times are “Is Nando’s Portuguese?” and “Can I find a Nando’s in Portugal?”. If you’re reading this from Portugal, you might also be curious as to what Nando’s is and what all the fuss about. First things, first, what is...
- Quarteira - The Complete Guide to Quarteira, Portugal 2 weeks ago Snuggled on the coastline between Faro and the upmarket Vilamoura is the small town of Quarteira. Originally a fishing village, it rose to prominence as a holiday resort in the 1970s and 1980s. Unfortunately, today its reputation has dwindled. Behind its scenic beaches and lively promenade are the...
- Vinho Verde - Portugal's Green Wine 2 weeks ago As the weather warms up, you might find yourself reaching for a glass of refreshing, and ever so slightly sparkling Vinho Verde. It’s a pretty popular wine in Portugal, where its light and fresh nature is a great choice for pairing with the warm weather and dining outdoors. Despite being called...
- Craft Beer in Portugal: Portuguese Craft Breweries 3 weeks ago Many people are often disappointed by the selection of beer when they arrive in Portugal. Often because they don’t realise there’s much more to beer here than just Super Bock or Sagres. A surprise to lots of people is just how much Portuguese craft beer is actually available. Unfortunately, you...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on We Travel Portugal
23:14 PM February 18, 2020
Really useful local blog, beautiful photography and some great ideas for local travel. I always come back to this blog to check their latest posts!
16:30 PM March 04, 2020
Good blog with some nice tips for travelers to Portugal.
19:12 PM March 07, 2020
Well written and with good humour! It has a nice mix of travel guides, history and even a few posts on the culture of Portugal!
13:28 PM April 01, 2020
Some excellent wildlife and hiking guides for Portugal and the Algarve. Found their blog while searching for information on flamingos, stunning photography and good local info!
19:47 PM May 04, 2020
Love this blog, really shines a light on being local Portugal. Some great recipes too!