We Travel Portugal
Latest Blog Posts »
- Vila Real de Santo António, Portugal - The #1 Guide to VRSA 2 weeks ago Vila Real de Santo António is a small city located at the far east of the Algarve coast. Nestled between the Atlantic and the Guadiana River, the relatively new city was built under royal decree in 1776. It developed first as a frontier city, then as an industrial city becoming the cradle of...
- Monte Gordo: The Complete Guide to Monte Gordo, Portugal 3 weeks ago For the lovers of the traditional Algarve, Monte Gordo might not be for you. It’s concrete apartments and hotels rise seemingly out of nowhere on the route between the slow-paced towns of Tavira and Vila Real de Santo Antonio. However, wonder through the tightly packed streets and you’ll be...
- Alte - The Complete Guide to the Village of Alte, Portugal 1 month ago Alte is a small village located in the central Algarve at the northwest end of Loulé’s municipality. The village makes for a lovely daytrip, and a good option for those wanting to steer clear of some overcrowded nearby areas. Alte is famous mostly for its natural features, the water springs...
- Piri Piri Chicken - Portuguese Grilled Chicken 1 month ago If you ask the locals what dishes not to miss when visiting the Algarve, you will often hear answers involving fresh seafood, dishes like, Monkfish rice, Fish cataplanas and the famous Grilled Sardines. While I totally agree that the Algarve is one of the best places in Portugal for fresh fish and...
- Armona Island - The Complete Guide to Ilha da Armona 2 months ago Ilha da Armona is another of the Ria Formosa’s fantastic islands. Just a short trip through the waters of the lagoon and you’ll soon find a desert island paradise. Well, not quite deserted, despite nearly everyone calling these islands deserted you’ll still find everything you need to...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on We Travel Portugal
23:14 PM February 18, 2020
Really useful local blog, beautiful photography and some great ideas for local travel. I always come back to this blog to check their latest posts!
16:30 PM March 04, 2020
Good blog with some nice tips for travelers to Portugal.
19:12 PM March 07, 2020
Well written and with good humour! It has a nice mix of travel guides, history and even a few posts on the culture of Portugal!
13:28 PM April 01, 2020
Some excellent wildlife and hiking guides for Portugal and the Algarve. Found their blog while searching for information on flamingos, stunning photography and good local info!
19:47 PM May 04, 2020
Love this blog, really shines a light on being local Portugal. Some great recipes too!
16:31 PM January 10, 2021
Some great recipes, loved their bacalhau com natas!
11:02 AM January 20, 2021