Latest Blog Posts »
- PERMACULTURE IN PORTUGAL (HELEN'S HOLISTIC HOMESTEAD) 1 day ago I have way too much time on my hands at the moment hence why I’ve been researching Permaculture. Learning about the basics and the science behind it is fascinating. One of the main reasons we moved here from the UK was to live a happier, healthier lifestyle away from the traffic jams/fumes of a...
- COST OF LIVING IN PORTUGAL - MONTHLY BUDGET 1 day ago I have had quite a few people message me to ask me what is an estimated average monthly expenditure budget for Portugal. Most of these people are from the UK or Ireland but a couple are from the USA. As I’ve had so many people ask the same question I thought I would share our […]
- BUGS, BITES AND GOING SLIGHTLY BONKERS 3 days ago We have been here for 5 months now and considering I am out in the garden most days I have not actually been bitten by bugs very much, just a few ant bites and 1 spider bite. Then May and June arrives, the weather sores and the mosquitoes come out in force. I haven’t been […]
- THE TAX REBATE AND THE GARDEN FURNITURE 4 days ago So I’m gonna have a little rant now so be patient with me. Back in Jan I received a tax rebate which was sent to me here in Portugal and arrived in cheque format. I phoned Inland Revenue and asked if I could have it paid directly into my UK bank account or Portuguese bank […]
- RENOVATING THE RUIN (PART 1) 1 week ago Bring on the chickens The title of this post is somewhat slightly misleading as although we are indeed renovating the ruin in the secret garden, it is by no means going to be transformed into a habitable living space. The ruin is a tiny ruin built into the hillside and has no roof as it […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Casa Valhal has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!