Latest Blog Posts »
- LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION 4 days ago When we purchased our house we did some research and knew that we wanted a casa in a tranquil, rural village with no immediate neighbours. We had already found information about the nearest amenities such as bank, supermarket, pharmacy, doctors, hospital, dentist etc. and these were all situated in...
- FIGS, FIGS AND MORE FIGS 4 days ago We have a gigantic fig tree in our garden and we have no clue how to look after figs or tend to such a huge tree. For months now the tiny under ripe figs have been falling off of our tree and we have been trying to work out if it’s insufficient watering, drought, lack […]
- ZONA DE LAZER DA BARRIL DO ALVA 6 days ago This leisure zone area is located in the village of Barril de Alva, next to the bridge and on the bank of the river Alva. It’s a short 10 min drive from our casa and a beautiful spot to enjoy an after work stroll with hubby. There is a restaurant, a large car park, picnic […]
- SCHIST AVÔ WALKING TRAIL 6 days ago On Sunday afternoon I had a great idea of going on one of the official hiking routes along the river Alva. There are a few different Schist walking trails and we decided upon the Avô walking trail which starts at Avô river beach and does a loop. It seemed like a great idea at the […]
- A DAY TRIP TO PRAIA FLUVIAL DE SÃO SEBASTIÃO DA FEIRA 6 days ago The river beach season is coming to an end so we decided to explore one more local treasure. The river beach season runs throughout July and August but you can often enjoy the fun well into September. Lifeguards are only on duty during July and August and some of the facilities such as cafes and...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Casa Valhal has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!