Latest Blog Posts »
- A TRIBUTE TO MY AMAZING MUM 6 days ago 6 years ago today my amazing mum passed away at the age of 66. I lost my hero and my lifeline. I have never felt strong enough in the past 6 years to write a loving tribute to my mum. I’ve always spent the day reflecting with my thoughts and have occasionally wrote a couple […]
- CELEBRATING SHROVE/CARNIVAL TUESDAY WITH GF PANCAKES 1 week ago Today is not only Shrove Tuesday but also Carnival Day in Portugal so we are celebrating with Gluten Free oat pancakes for breakfast. Hubby makes me pancakes a lot and he often makes them into different shapes like bunnies or hearts which is cute. Shrove Tuesday is the last day before the long fast...
- FROM SEED TO FEED (OUR FRUIT, VEGETABLE AND FLOWER GARDEN DIARY) 2021 2 weeks ago I decided to start a new gardening post (From seed to feed) for 2021. If you have read my 2020 post you will know that although I’m a newbie to gardening I absolutely love spending time in my garden with my hands in the soil. I learn new facts and skills daily which fascinates me. […]
- LEMON CURD 3 weeks ago As well as too many oranges we also have too many lemons, well my neighbour does anyway. I’m tried my best to use them up with the tequila and gin but there’s only so many lemons one can consume. I would make a lemon drizzle cake or the famous lemon and polenta cake that everyone […]
- MARMELADA LARANJA 3 weeks ago The weather has been really wet and windy recently which has resulted in so many oranges falling off our tree. There’s only so much orange juice one can drink and cakes don’t actually use that many oranges so we decided to make orange marmalade. I have never attempted to make marmalade before...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Casa Valhal
20:43 PM October 27, 2020
Sounds like you folks are busy and happy there..Thinking about moving there also from The US. Use to live in Cascais and still can converse in Portuguese. Tired of the insanity in the USA. Gotta come visit first and check it all out..