Latest Blog Posts »
- FRENCH IMMERSION IN ANTIBES: A TEEN'S EVOLUTION 1 year ago As French Lessons bids readers au revoir from its 2021 edition, we review Lolo’s choice to immerse herself in real French life over the summer. Certainly our teen found the option more palatable than the alternative, an online French class, but with what results?
- Why is the Riviera razing its beach restaurants? 1 year ago The Côte d’Azur has been bulldozing its beach restaurants. The demolition began a few years ago, wiping out celebrated haunts and their too-permanent installations. The image is shocking – but as ever, this coin has two sides. As the upheaval moves closer to home, French Lessons tries to...
- Domotique: Small firms light up French life 1 year ago Returning home from dinner late one night, French Lessons found our home worryingly dark. Somehow Bellevue’s electricity had been cut. An improvised gadget, a can-do spirit, and neighbourly ties eradicate our latest gremlin and cast light on the ongoing dilemma of local business owners.
- Luck in Antibes: It's not for the birds 1 year ago When Philippe got plastered by a well-fortified seagull, we laughed over his dumb luck. After Lolo’s and my near-misses – and a couple four-leaf clovers in the garden – we wondered: Did these things mean bonne chance in France? And why did we need so much of it? We soon found out.
- Rebonjour: From my eclectic pandemic muse 1 year ago We’re late, we’re late, for a very important date! The date? The first edition of French Lessons, version 2021, of course. We’re excités to say rebonjour – and have a good excuse for our tardiness: an all-consuming, slow-burn, pandemic passion.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » French Lessons has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!