Living in Another Language
Latest Blog Posts »
- A perfect stay at House of Bruges 5 months ago Last month, Derik and I made the spontaneous decision to go to the Beer Festival held in Brugge, Belgium. With over 400 different types of beer made from breweries all over Belgium and Europe, it was hard to say no. I was a bit worried accommodation would be slim-to-none since we literally decided...
- An Overnight Layover in Singapore 8 months ago This post has been held captive for the past two years because I’ve had the hardest time sorting though pictures and figuring out which ones I wanted to share with you. Singapore is magical — I’ve never been to a city quite like it! The Singapore Changi Airport would be very difficult to miss...
- A Day in Brugge, Belgium 7 months ago Last September, Derik and I took a spontaneous road trip to Brugge, Belgium. He had a hankering for a good Belgium beer, and I wanted to escape to a different country for an overnight trip. Knowing nothing of Belgium, we asked around (thanks Instagram Fam.) and the general consensus was to travel...
- Switzerland on a Budget 9 months ago Switzerland has been named year after year as one of the most expensive countries in the world (currently rated #2 with Bermuda taking the gold), so I can understand why, for the budget traveler, it can be a rather intimidating place to visit. When we found out Derik had a spontaneous four-day...
- Travel Guide to Krakow, Poland 9 months ago A couple weeks ago a friend contacted me about taking a spontaneous trip to Krakow, Poland. I don’t know if it’s just because November is considered ‘off-season’ or Ryanair was having a promo, but I found direct airfare there for only 5 euro and 30 euro back. Yes, FIVE EURO. Continue...
Contest Entries »
- A Life Unexpected Expat Culture Shock I’ll never forget my first night of living in a foreign country. My husband and I had packed up our life in eight bags and headed out for the greatest adventure we’ve had together. South Korea was our destination, and to be honest, I didn’t...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Korea South Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Korea South!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Living in Another Language
19:05 PM December 08, 2012
Whether its hilarious anecdotes about living in a foreign country, thoughtful pieces about what its like to live far from home, or gorgeous, exotic photos of the wildlife, culture and sites of E Asia - this blog has it all!
06:12 AM December 10, 2012
I stumbled upon this blog through expatsblog.com, and I love it! This girl has great ideas and ways to make living abroad an easy challenge to conquer. It's an easy and fun read.
06:20 AM December 10, 2012
This blog is an excellent personal insight into a slice of life living as a foreigner in S. Korea, the variety of interesting pieces and beautiful pictures make this a must follow.
08:03 AM December 10, 2012
Wonderful blog!!! I love getting a glimpse into your new life as a "foreigner". I've enjoyed reading every post as they come! I definitely think this blog has all the qualifications to win the blog award :)
08:31 AM December 10, 2012
This blog is an amazing insight into life overseas. I really enjoy the photography as well.