Latest Blog Posts »
- Chapter 36: Back on the Chain Gang - Tide Powder, Cincinnati, & Uzbek Line Cutters 1 week ago Once at the Milan airport, a group of armed soldiers waved Jamey and me over as we were about to exit the immigration area. They spent a minute rifling through our bags until one of them pulled a Ziploc full … Continue reading →
- Chapter 35: Hear No Evil, Smell No Evil 1 week ago When my family added HBO to our cable line-up, I was one satisfied kid. I liked nothing more than sitting in our shag-carpeted rec room in the basement, watching movie after movie after movie, until my eyes were glossed over. … Continue reading →
- Chapter 34: Cabbages, Con Artists and Keychain Phalluses: Why We Should Approach Each New Destination with Eyes Wide Shut 1 year ago Growing up in a small town in Illinois, smack in the heart of the Midwest, just about any other place in the world seemed exotic to me. I’d sprawl across my chocolate brown, vinyl beanbag chair jealously watching the Brady … Continue reading →
- Chapter 33: Flu Time in a Totalitarian Dictatorship, or Why I Came Home with Three Toblerone Chocolate Bars 2 years ago On our family summer trip when I was a teenager, I came down with the flu in Cheyenne, Wyoming, smack in the middle of the Frontier Days festivities. Nothing like watching a rodeo when your high fever makes you think … Continue reading →
- Chapter 32: It's a Wrap: Bumper Carts, Grocery Store Eels, & Armpit Anarchy 2 years ago Recently I trotted across the street to the sprawling Carrefour supermarket/ department store in our Shanghai suburb. Maybe “sprawling” doesn’t exactly convey just how massive this megastore is—I mean, people actually ride bikes inside. And Shanghai has 22 of these … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Mali Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Mali!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on 2seetheglobe
13:50 PM December 09, 2012
what an amazingly informative and amusing blog. I look forward to each new entry!
07:21 AM December 22, 2012
Always enlightening to read this blog, perfect mixture of information and comedic occurences.