Latest Blog Posts »
- Chapter 40: Giving Directions While Bleeding: A Guide to My Medical Emergencies Across the Globe 1 year ago At this very moment, Jamey and I were supposed to be sunning on the same beach in Huatulco, Mexico where Gael Garcia Bernal and Diego Luna frolicked in the movie “Y Tu Mamá También.” I was pretty sure that pristine … Continue reading →
- Chapter 39: Gucci Pillows & Mushroom Conditioner: Saying Goodbye to Shanghai 2 years ago Before Jamey and I moved to Shanghai in 2015, we faced a barrage of questions that Americans always seem to ask about China. For example: Isn’t that a communist country? Don’t they eat dog? Will you get to meet Jackie … Continue reading →
- Chapter 38: Traveling While Gay: Vigilante Squads, Unnatural Carnal Knowledge, and Plenty of Piña Coladas 3 years ago We were walking zombies when we arrived near midnight at the Sama Sama Express Hotel inside the Kuala Lampur, Malaysia airport. We were on our way to Vietnam, and we’d been traveling for more than 24 hours on three different … Continue reading →
- Chapter 37: When Fries Attack - Around the World with a Garlic Allergy 3 years ago Seasoned fries were the culprit. I was 21 years old, fresh out of college, and at 130 pounds soaking wet, wasn’t exactly counting calories. So when I ate lunch at J.J. Muggs, a burger place conveniently located across the street … Continue reading →
- Chapter 36: Back on the Chain Gang - Tide Powder, Cincinnati, & Uzbek Line Cutters 3 years ago Once at the Milan airport, a group of armed soldiers waved Jamey and me over as we were about to exit the immigration area. They spent a minute rifling through our bags until one of them pulled a Ziploc full … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Mali Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Mali!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on 2seetheglobe
13:50 PM December 09, 2012
what an amazingly informative and amusing blog. I look forward to each new entry!
07:21 AM December 22, 2012
Always enlightening to read this blog, perfect mixture of information and comedic occurences.