Gay American In Argentina
Latest Blog Posts »
- Water Meter Thefts Are On the Rise in Argentina 1 year ago This June will mark our 10-year-anniversary of living here in Cordoba, Argentina, and this country still manages to surprise us in a lot of ways.We've dealt with the good and the bad (and most recently VERY BAD). Our friends and family back home think the situation here is insane when we tell them...
- Getting a Ticket in Argentina Can Cost You More Than You Bargained For 1 year ago I've been driving since I was 16, and like most people, I've accrued a couple of tickets over the years. But that was all over for me when I moved from Florida to New York because I could rely on the subway system to get around. Not only was it cheaper but safer (for the most part, anyway). Then...
- Is Covid Over in Argentina? 1 year ago Is Covid over in Argentina or is Argentina just over Covid? These are the questions I've been asking myself over the last couple of days and the answer seems to be "yes" to both questions. The photo above was taken at the vaccination center called Pabellon Argentina, during the first week of...
- Quick Expat Blog Update 1 year ago Hi everyone! I'm sorry I've been MIA over the last couple of weeks, but I've been pretty busy adjusting to my new role as an online English teacher. I'll admit that I never really saw myself becoming a teacher mainly because I hated school as a kid. It's most likely why I limited my career to...
- Lubing Up for 2022 1 year ago Happy New Year! I hope 2022 is going well for you. Now before you continue reading, let me warn you that I had a really shitty start to the new year and we're only in day 7. So, if I sound irate, it's because I am. Some of the things we've been dealing with are the incessant power outages brought...
Contest Entries »
- Che! What a Shock! Expat Culture Shock One of the toughest things about being an expat is that I have desperately tried to find similarities between Cordoba Argentina and the United States. After months of struggling I came to the conclusion that this simply does not work. In...
- An American at the National University of Cordoba Education and International Schools Intro to Psychology at the National University of CordobaArgentina offers free higher education. That in itself is a major incentive to move here, but things aren’t always what they appear to be. I had this misguided impression that the...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Argentina Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Argentina!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Gay American In Argentina
03:28 AM December 17, 2012
I found this blog very insightful. It gave me a first hand perspective on the province of Cordoba in Argentina. My heart goes out to writer of this blog because I can see how much he struggles with the culture shock in some of his entries.
12:53 PM December 18, 2012
The photos on this blog add a personal touch to the blogger and it captures the beauty of Cordoba which I'll admit, I had not heard of until I read this blog.
15:52 PM January 10, 2013
I love how this blog represents my Native Cordoba. Specially since thus far, he appears to be the only expat blogger for this province. He offers a fair perspective on life here.
23:20 PM January 12, 2013
I like the honesty in this blog. Videos are nice and enjoyable to watch. Can't wait to visit Cordoba, Argentina and explore. Keep the great blogs coming.
23:26 PM January 12, 2013
I absolutely love it! Very informative. I can feel that the writer is speaking directly from the heart and it continues to capture my interest. Beautiful pictures! I hope to one day visit Cordoba.
09:01 AM February 05, 2019
Hi I’m an American who is moving to Cordoba Argentina later this year. Can we chat sometime? I need help figuring things out.