A Kiwi Expat in PNG
Latest Blog Posts »
- Information Overload - 1st World Problems 4 years ago The most striking thing I have noticed since returning to New Zealand is the amount of information there is to digest. I suppose I have been fortunate in that I quickly weed out the stuff I want to read, vs … Continue reading →
- Surviving Carjacking's in Port Moresby 4 years ago Australian media have pounced on video footage from this week that was posted on one of the PNG Expat Facebook pages. The footage is of an Australian family who were travelling down snake road in Sogeri, just out of Port … Continue reading →
- The Media and Papua New Guinea 4 years ago I read an article today from former AAP PNG correspondent Eoin Blackwell comparing Sydney’s road rage issues to be less stressful that “carjacking and murders in Papua New Guinea”. PNG is a stressful place, not just for expats but locals … Continue reading →
- The worst thing you can do in Papua New Guinea 4 years ago Is not appreciate this incredible place… I took my kids kayaking yesterday. We have rented a place in sunny Waipu Cove whilst we settle back into life in NZ and the magical spot we have gives us direct access to … Continue reading →
- In search of Papuan Black Bass 4 years ago My son Xavier said to me today “Dad, do you remember that time we went fishing with Uncle Troy?” This, after he just let rip in the backseat of the car, and we are winding windows down trying to evacuate … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Papua New Guinea Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Papua New Guinea!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 11 reviews on A Kiwi Expat in PNG
08:22 AM November 26, 2012
Definitely recommend Aaron's blog for anyone thinking of living in Papua New Guinea. It's definitely the most informative, useful & wittiest one out there by a very long shot!!
18:58 PM November 26, 2012
After reading Aaron's blog I actually feel like I have lived in PNG. It is informative and genuine. We always look forward to reading the next one. Bring it on Aaron - Loving it. Cheers
20:35 PM November 26, 2012
Loving the blog I kinda find this hard to believe through.;-) "I know it's not like I'm in it for anything"
03:53 AM November 30, 2012
I've been following Aaron's blog since I moved to POM in Feb this year. Random news and social updates that I wouldn't read in any local papers. Highly recommended reading for PNG-&-non-residents alike!
03:59 AM December 04, 2012
Well done Aaron, for a kiwi you write really well. Always good to read your balanced view on things. Keep it up mate. Cheers John, Jane and Jett
04:01 AM December 04, 2012
very captivating and descriptive encounters of an expat's experience living in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. i loved some of the blogs because i couldn't a better story out from the local newspapers
04:01 AM December 04, 2012
I would highly recommend reading Aaron's Blog to anyone out there because it describes how life really is here in PNG for both Expats and locals. Check it out more informative than the local media!
13:18 PM December 04, 2012
Love your blog Aaron and your sense of humour. Your observations and descriptions make me smile in appreciation because they are so real.
19:05 PM December 04, 2012
A nice blog. Good to hear he perspective of an expert living in the land of the unexpected. Top stuff Aaron.
21:35 PM December 04, 2012
Great blog - Great (if not vital) information for those moving to Port Moresby. Love the shades of larikinism and the cool-headed appreciative writing. As a Moresby local, I can see you've clearly fit in.
22:16 PM December 18, 2012
always a boody brilliant read :)