What I Did In Hong Kong
Latest Blog Posts »
- In a bar, in China... 2 months ago There was a story doing the rounds a few weeks ago about a newly-married couple in China. While going through old photographs, the woman found one taken fifteen years earlier of her posing next to a statue. This being China, the statue was a gaudy, red monstrosity, but that’s another story...
- Walks 12: Lantau Peak 5 months ago Hong Kong is a small place, and you can get from anywhere to anywhere in an hour or two. But living here skews the way you perceive distance. It’s like how the US is huge, so Americans think nothing of driving hundreds of miles to the nearest drive-thru. Or how the UK is medium-sized, and […]
- Picture of the Week 34 7 months ago Flower Shop mao-mao, Prince Edward, February 2018
- 'HK24' - Twenty-four Hours of Hong Kong Stories 7 months ago I have just spent the best part of a year editing the latest Hong Kong Writers Circle anthology, ‘HK24’. Available at the Prince’s Building branch of Bookazine (for those of you in Hong Kong) and on Amazon Kindle (for those not), this collection will take you through 24 hours in the city. And...
- Adventures in Cantonese Cuisine Part 26 - Poon Choi (ps. Happy New Year!) 7 months ago It’s Chinese New Year! Happy Year of the Dog! May you live long and be prosperous! Last night, I had a poon choi – literally a ‘feast in a big bowl’. It’s kind of like a hot-pot, of which I have espoused the virtues in earlier posts, but with all the ingredients pre-added. You heat […]
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Near Death Experiences in Hong Kong Expat Blog Awards 2013 "Hong Kong is Asia's Safest City". Or so they claim. And yes, there may not be roaming gangs or active volcanoes or bungee-jumping off the ICC... But the committed thrill seeker can still find plenty of opportunities to raise the pulse and eyeball...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Hong Kong Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Hong Kong!Copy and paste code to display the Hong Kong Award Badge:
Website Reviews » What I Did In Hong Kong has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!