Carole Jean's Costa Rica Capers
Latest Blog Posts »
- What's With All The Flamingos? 3 days ago I have a thing for flamingos. And it turns out others do, too. When we spot each other it’s kinda like a secret handshake. It can be subtle like someone wearing flamingo socks which you notice peeking out from under their jeans. Or it can be blatant like when my friend, Lynn, …...
- Lunch for One, Please! 6 days ago “Are you here for pick-up?” asked the nice young lady as I approached the hostess stand. “Nope. Lunch for one please,” I beamed as her eyebrows shot up involuntarily. She slipped out from behind the counter, skirted the half dozen or so single people hovering waiting for their take-out...
- Back From the Brink of Death 6 months ago My dull eyes rolled to the side of my immobile head, burdened with the hot wetness of the forced oxygen pumping through a C-2 pap mask. I mustered enough strength to raise my hand to my neck and describe a cutthroat motion toward my hospital companion. He simply moved his head …...
- Perils of Petsitting 8 months ago He’s a darling little dog named Ollie. Adorable. I was referred by my hairdresser, Tuan. If you are referred by Tuan, you will get top priority from me. I do not mess with the man who does my hair. As I drove to the meet-n-greet, I thought no way…not doing this. It’s … Continue...
- Birthday Antics! 9 months ago Where am I? In the Caribbean sitting in Kenny Chesney’s famous Old Blue Chair on Cinnamon Bay in the Virgin Islands? Nope! Lake Havasu City, Arizona. You can tell by seeing the London Bridge in the background, of course. This was our before-and-after-stop on the evening Birthday Cruise with...
Contest Entries »
- Top Nine Types of Shoes for Living as an Expat in Costa Rica Expat Blog Awards 2013 Shoes! I’m all about the shoes. It started with Bonnie in Brooklyn. We were best friends growing up in the projects in the 1950s. Post WWII, our families were struggling to build foundations for new starts. Money was scarce; our parents worked...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Costa Rica Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Costa Rica!Copy and paste code to display the Costa Rica Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Carole Jean's Costa Rica Capers
20:35 PM April 18, 2014
Love Carole Jeans CR Capers Blog, she is so candid and entertaining with the life in Atenas. (We are planning to go to Atenas in 2016 for a one month stay to see if we like it. If that works out then we would consider moving there permanently!) Carole Jean seems to be a really neat and fun lady and her escapades in CR make me want to move sooner!
23:11 PM May 23, 2014
I went back and read the entire entries for this great blog. It is well written, entertaining and witty. You read one entry and want to find out what happens next. Thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to the next installment.
03:43 AM May 31, 2014
i hope to have time to keep in touch. my life long desire is to live in costa rica. your words make me want to move there now!
23:51 PM July 06, 2014
I am loving Carole Jean's blogs whether they are about her colorful past in San Francisco or her current experiences in Costa Rica. Carole is so generous to share the small moments of her interesting life with us gringos in the States. I feel inspired every time I finish one of her stories.