Carole Jean's Costa Rica Capers
Latest Blog Posts »
- Laptop With Your Coffee? 6 days ago It happened. Yes, the unthinkable. It was 4:38 a.m. and I was tossing and turning. Might as well get up and write. Mmmmm, a nice cup of my favorite Dark Roast sounds good. My regular flamingo mug was nowhere in sight so I grabbed the tall mug with the cute dogs on … Continue reading →
- Cell Phone - Can't Live Without It! 1 week ago As I braked to a stop a flat shiny object slid into view on the passenger floor of my trusty Honda Civic. What? My cell phone was clutched in my hand, as usual, so what could it be? I was momentarily stunned and then it hit me. Olwen left her phone in my … Continue reading →
- Yikes! Wrapping Paper, Too? 2 weeks ago Save the funny papers! Save the newspapers. Hell, save the butcher papers. I wonder if there is plastic in the pages of the New Yorker? I can’t keep up with my subscription to New Yorker magazine. I might as well use those unread copies for wrapping. I was horrified to learn some facts about...
- The Dilemma of the Red Boots 3 weeks ago The shoe-devil made me do it! It happened in Pasadena. This was before the Austerity Program, of course. I went to the annual Writer’s Digest Conference at the end of October. I arrived early so what’s a girl to do? Go shopping! I walked from the Westin to the main drag to kill …...
- The Austerity Program 4 weeks ago Alert! Your credit on flowers.com is about to expire! Oh, no. I can’t let that happen. I hafta send flowers to someone. Anyone. Wait a minute! How did I earn credit when I haven’t used flowers.com in well over a year? Delete! And then there’s an email from Amazon: Last-minute gifts...
Contest Entries »
- Top Nine Types of Shoes for Living as an Expat in Costa Rica Expat Blog Awards 2013 Shoes! I’m all about the shoes. It started with Bonnie in Brooklyn. We were best friends growing up in the projects in the 1950s. Post WWII, our families were struggling to build foundations for new starts. Money was scarce; our parents worked...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Costa Rica Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Costa Rica!Copy and paste code to display the Costa Rica Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Carole Jean's Costa Rica Capers
20:35 PM April 18, 2014
Love Carole Jeans CR Capers Blog, she is so candid and entertaining with the life in Atenas. (We are planning to go to Atenas in 2016 for a one month stay to see if we like it. If that works out then we would consider moving there permanently!) Carole Jean seems to be a really neat and fun lady and her escapades in CR make me want to move sooner!
23:11 PM May 23, 2014
I went back and read the entire entries for this great blog. It is well written, entertaining and witty. You read one entry and want to find out what happens next. Thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to the next installment.
03:43 AM May 31, 2014
i hope to have time to keep in touch. my life long desire is to live in costa rica. your words make me want to move there now!
23:51 PM July 06, 2014
I am loving Carole Jean's blogs whether they are about her colorful past in San Francisco or her current experiences in Costa Rica. Carole is so generous to share the small moments of her interesting life with us gringos in the States. I feel inspired every time I finish one of her stories.