Carole Jean's Costa Rica Capers
Latest Blog Posts »
- Perils of Petsitting 5 days ago He’s a darling little dog named Ollie. Adorable. I was referred by my hairdresser, Tuan. If you are referred by Tuan, you will get top priority from me. I do not mess with the man who does my hair. As I drove to the meet-n-greet, I thought no way…not doing this. It’s … Continue...
- Birthday Antics! 2 months ago Where am I? In the Caribbean sitting in Kenny Chesney’s famous Old Blue Chair on Cinnamon Bay in the Virgin Islands? Nope! Lake Havasu City, Arizona. You can tell by seeing the London Bridge in the background, of course. This was our before-and-after-stop on the evening Birthday Cruise with...
- Lake Havasu's Lighthouse Replicas 2 months ago One of my favorite people in the world, the beautiful, vivacious Linda, lives in Lake Havasu City. When she first moved away from our San Mateo neighborhood I was crushed and disappointed that she was moving to Arizona. As our busy lives went in different directions, we lost touch. We reconnected...
- Rod and the Tuk Tuk 3 months ago Meagan and I took a walk on West Cliff Drive in Santa Cruz, California. We both flew for TIA (Trans International Airlines) in the ’70s. It was only recently that I learned, from Meagan, I had caused big trouble in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, by getting our airline banned from our crew hotel. It was...
- Can't Resist the Temptations! 3 months ago The slim, handsome man dressed in a royal blue three-piece suit with a bright yellow tie was standing in the doorway of an apartment building in the French Quarter of New Orleans as I strutted up the street in an LBD (little black dress) and red stilettos. I smiled in his direction and he placed...
Contest Entries »
- Top Nine Types of Shoes for Living as an Expat in Costa Rica Expat Blog Awards 2013 Shoes! I’m all about the shoes. It started with Bonnie in Brooklyn. We were best friends growing up in the projects in the 1950s. Post WWII, our families were struggling to build foundations for new starts. Money was scarce; our parents worked...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Costa Rica Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Costa Rica!Copy and paste code to display the Costa Rica Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Carole Jean's Costa Rica Capers
20:35 PM April 18, 2014
Love Carole Jeans CR Capers Blog, she is so candid and entertaining with the life in Atenas. (We are planning to go to Atenas in 2016 for a one month stay to see if we like it. If that works out then we would consider moving there permanently!) Carole Jean seems to be a really neat and fun lady and her escapades in CR make me want to move sooner!
23:11 PM May 23, 2014
I went back and read the entire entries for this great blog. It is well written, entertaining and witty. You read one entry and want to find out what happens next. Thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to the next installment.
03:43 AM May 31, 2014
i hope to have time to keep in touch. my life long desire is to live in costa rica. your words make me want to move there now!
23:51 PM July 06, 2014
I am loving Carole Jean's blogs whether they are about her colorful past in San Francisco or her current experiences in Costa Rica. Carole is so generous to share the small moments of her interesting life with us gringos in the States. I feel inspired every time I finish one of her stories.