Carole Jean's Costa Rica Capers
Latest Blog Posts »
- Old Friends 1 month ago Old friends Old friends Sat on their park bench Like bookends… When I think of that Paul Simon song written in 1968, the year I graduated college, I didn’t think he was talking about ME! I wasn’t old then and never thought I would be. Now, I’m proud to say I have made it to … Continue...
- Petsitting Blunder 3 months ago I take my job seriously. It’s a big responsibility taking care of someone else’s precious pet, not to mention their home, mail, plants, and ummmm glasses. Not spectacles. I’m talking about drinking glasses, especially my two favorites—wine and water, yes, in that order. And, if you know me,...
- Weddings are Back! 3 months ago Planning a wedding is no easy feat. During the pandemic, it became nearly impossible. With people like Mary Parsley and David Hursey, nearly impossible means slightly possible. And slightly possible means they will find a way! They had just returned from a romantic getaway in Puerto Rico, the...
- Matzo Balls! 4 months ago I’m known for my matzo ball soup. I learned the technique over many years, peeking over the shoulders of two generations of matzo ball makers before me. Grandma Gussie’s were small and hard resembling golf balls. My mother adopted the Manischewitz Matzo Ball Mix which made into light fluffy...
- Get Them Doggies Rollin' 5 months ago We’re flying the dogs home! “I have a mission for you, should you choose to accept it.” Lucas says. “I will disavow any knowledge of knowing either of youz two and the dogs you rode in with if you get in trouble.” So, naturally, it was a go. The plan was simple—Carole Jean flies to …...
Contest Entries »
- Top Nine Types of Shoes for Living as an Expat in Costa Rica Expat Blog Awards 2013 Shoes! I’m all about the shoes. It started with Bonnie in Brooklyn. We were best friends growing up in the projects in the 1950s. Post WWII, our families were struggling to build foundations for new starts. Money was scarce; our parents worked...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Costa Rica Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Costa Rica!Copy and paste code to display the Costa Rica Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Carole Jean's Costa Rica Capers
20:35 PM April 18, 2014
Love Carole Jeans CR Capers Blog, she is so candid and entertaining with the life in Atenas. (We are planning to go to Atenas in 2016 for a one month stay to see if we like it. If that works out then we would consider moving there permanently!) Carole Jean seems to be a really neat and fun lady and her escapades in CR make me want to move sooner!
23:11 PM May 23, 2014
I went back and read the entire entries for this great blog. It is well written, entertaining and witty. You read one entry and want to find out what happens next. Thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to the next installment.
03:43 AM May 31, 2014
i hope to have time to keep in touch. my life long desire is to live in costa rica. your words make me want to move there now!
23:51 PM July 06, 2014
I am loving Carole Jean's blogs whether they are about her colorful past in San Francisco or her current experiences in Costa Rica. Carole is so generous to share the small moments of her interesting life with us gringos in the States. I feel inspired every time I finish one of her stories.