Carole Jean's Costa Rica Capers
Latest Blog Posts »
- Passover Bunny 2 months ago “I thought you were Jewish,” he said as I envisioned biting into the ears, the only solid section of the bunny. Well, maybe the tail, but I would find that out later. Right now I was going for the sure thing. I’ve been cooped up for … Continue reading →
- Teen Kitchen Project 2 months ago I’ve been SIPing for over two weeks — no not wine, sheltering in place. I ran out of wine days ago! I’m adhering to the recommended guidelines of self-isolation, social distancing, and minimal contact with other people. I got a message from Lisa, the Senior...
- Dollar Store Ring 3 months ago After the dust settled and Da Ring was sitting happily on Lynn’s finger, she grabbed her phone and started punching in an address on WAZE. “Where are we going now? The mission has been accomplished.” She took a deep breath, grinned, and her eyes twinkled as she cried, “To the...
- Da Ring to End All Rings! 3 months ago Soooo, she upgraded. Again. My beautiful friend, Lynn, loves the jewelry — and she has gathered some mighty fine baubles over the years! I’m told that her childhood friend, Mary, and she simply cannot resist their favorite jeweler in Saint Maarten, and they tend to spur each other...
- Two-Ply Birthday 3 months ago March 16. Stuart’s birthday. He invited me to join him and his sister, Linda, for a birthday brunch — my first time meeting any of his four sisters. I was bracing myself for the questions, the sly head to toe assessment, the approval or rejection signal passed from sister to …...
Contest Entries »
- Top Nine Types of Shoes for Living as an Expat in Costa Rica Expat Blog Awards 2013 Shoes! I’m all about the shoes. It started with Bonnie in Brooklyn. We were best friends growing up in the projects in the 1950s. Post WWII, our families were struggling to build foundations for new starts. Money was scarce; our parents worked...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Costa Rica Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Costa Rica!Copy and paste code to display the Costa Rica Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Carole Jean's Costa Rica Capers
20:35 PM April 18, 2014
Love Carole Jeans CR Capers Blog, she is so candid and entertaining with the life in Atenas. (We are planning to go to Atenas in 2016 for a one month stay to see if we like it. If that works out then we would consider moving there permanently!) Carole Jean seems to be a really neat and fun lady and her escapades in CR make me want to move sooner!
23:11 PM May 23, 2014
I went back and read the entire entries for this great blog. It is well written, entertaining and witty. You read one entry and want to find out what happens next. Thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to the next installment.
03:43 AM May 31, 2014
i hope to have time to keep in touch. my life long desire is to live in costa rica. your words make me want to move there now!
23:51 PM July 06, 2014
I am loving Carole Jean's blogs whether they are about her colorful past in San Francisco or her current experiences in Costa Rica. Carole is so generous to share the small moments of her interesting life with us gringos in the States. I feel inspired every time I finish one of her stories.