Latest Blog Posts »
- Nikoi Island 3 years ago Thursday and Friday with teacher inservice days? Yea! We needed to get out of here, so luckily, back in March I booked a four day get-away at Nikoi Island. Nikoi is a small Indonesian island, leased by three expat couples in 2004. They had a vision, and saw it though, and today, it’s booked...
- Pulp Fiction 3 years ago I often have people telling me that I look like their cousin, neighbor, best friend. I have a very common look I suppose, because this happens to me all the time. Just last night, while playing Bunco, a new friend told me I looked just like her best friend, who also happens to have the … Continue...
- Chocolate Chip Cookies 3 years ago Maria loves to bake, and she especially loves to make chocolate chip cookies. So one night a couple of months ago, she decided to teach Leny how to make the cookies too. We are the first American family that Leny has worked for, so chocolate chip cookies were new to her. She tells me all …...
- Fortune Cat 3 years ago The Cat with the waving hand, you’ve seen them, right? The Fortune Cat. This one is great. I have seen them on teachers desks, on the dashboard of taxis, in stores by the cash register, they are everywhere. Supposedly every time the cat waves it’s hand, it’s saying “Money, money, money”...
- Superstitions 3 years ago I love all the superstitions the Chinese have, I find them fascinating, and am even more fascinated by how much they are followed. Most of these superstitions have been passed down through the generations, and while many do blindly believe and follow, most here do not behave like nervous wrecks,...
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Things I Miss The Most From America & Their Perfect Singaporean Substitutions Expat Blog Awards 2013 The Blinkman Buzz: Top 10 List Things I Miss the most from America & their perfect Singaporean Substitutions 10. Large stores that sell everything under the sun! The big box stores of America don’t exist in Singapore. There is no...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Singapore Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Singapore!Copy and paste code to display the Singapore Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 30 reviews on BlinkmanBuzz
12:54 PM November 13, 2013
Love this blog!!
13:09 PM November 13, 2013
Always entertaining. It gives great insight into the daily life of living abroad.
13:21 PM November 13, 2013
I love reading the Blinkman Blog. It's enlightening, humorous and inspiring to read about the adventures and challenges of my former roomie and her family who've traveled across the world to start a new life. Keep on blogging!
13:22 PM November 13, 2013
Its been a long time since I was in your presence, I admire your guts to up and move to another country, l guess I would have done the same .But for now I hope everything works out. Much love to you and the family , Love you. Chris
13:44 PM November 13, 2013
Love, Love, Love
14:27 PM November 13, 2013
Keep living out loud, Blinkmans!
14:36 PM November 13, 2013
Love your blog! Miss your sweet family!
14:46 PM November 13, 2013
Where else are you going to get information on marauding monkeys and Krispy Kreme donuts? Fun to watch someone else get set up in another country...way more fun than when it was me!
14:59 PM November 13, 2013
Love reading the Blinkman's Blogs.
17:46 PM November 13, 2013
I love your blog! When you describe situations, I can just see the look on your face and the sound of your voice! I can almost hear the kids all talking at the same time. I really missed seeing you guys in September for my annual visit from PA. I miss hugs from Cale & Shane and Maria's beautiful blue eyes. She & I didn't get to go shopping this year. Can't wait to visit! xoxox
19:14 PM November 13, 2013
Love the adventures!
21:33 PM November 13, 2013
Your stories always make me laugh! Great blog on the challenges of teenagers and living abroad!
01:41 AM November 14, 2013
Love reading your blogs:)
03:55 AM November 14, 2013
I love keeping up with the Blinkman's adventures. Great blog! It's entertaining and well written.
09:15 AM November 14, 2013
Learning that moving your family to the other side of the globe can be great for all of you! Laura has a great style.
09:38 AM November 14, 2013
Love this blog! Love your writing style and learning about all of your adventures!!
17:18 PM November 14, 2013
this is a great blog very informative for family at home..
18:22 PM December 19, 2013
I have been following Laura's blogs, since they moved to Singapore. This essay was very well written and informative. A very enjoyable read!
14:10 PM December 20, 2013
Merry Christmas Blinkman family! Hope you have a safe and enjoyable holiday. Hello from all of us here on the 3M 4th floor!
08:16 AM January 03, 2014
Wonderful to read & hear all about your adventures. We miss you & love you dearly!
03:21 AM January 04, 2014
Awesome job!!!! Now I can start my conversations out with "I know the lovely lady who has the #1 blog in Singapore"!!!
13:42 PM January 04, 2014
Love hearing about the Blinkman adventures overseas-keep the fun stories coming!
16:58 PM January 05, 2014
Amazing blog! Please do blog more about your chronicles of your interesting life in Singapore!
01:18 AM January 06, 2014
I enjoy reading your blog and staying abreast of your families adventures while living in Singapore. Always a good read!
21:45 PM March 04, 2014
As someone getting ready for the big move to Singapore your blog has made me laugh, cry, and hoping to run into you in the near future! Thank you.
15:25 PM March 25, 2014
Great blog! Thinking (hoping) of becoming an expat living in Singapore and loved reading about your experiences!
14:30 PM July 14, 2014
Preparing for my move to Singapore - your blog is a must read. Thanks!
23:11 PM July 15, 2014
Thank you for sharing (so eloquently) your Asian expat experience. I am a mum of two boys about to relocate to Singapore in October. Your stories have helped in so many ways you don't know. I wish you and your family well. D Thanks!
01:17 AM July 17, 2014
My grandchildren and their parents are moving to Singapore how safe will they be ? This question is important to me as they will be gone for a number of years. Thnk for your time.
04:33 AM November 08, 2014
I love reading you blog, it makes me smile and sometimes laugh. Thank you!