John P Brady
Latest Blog Posts »
- Seafood in Sicily: Octopus 1 year ago Luca glared at the octopus which lay invitingly located between the shrimps and the calamari. He began eating it in his mind. ‘I ate a whole one raw last week, on my own!’ he said as I glared at him in horror. ‘It weighed more than half a kilo!’ He got the fish sellers attention … ...
- Life in Sicily: The Market 1 year ago La Fiera di Catania and La Pescheria are the two main food markets in Catania. The former, which is located in Piazza Carlo Alberto, is the one stop solution to all your food, drink, clothes and even household needs. It stocks fruit, vegetables, meat, fish, shoes, home ware, electrical items and...
- Blitz update: Controversy and scandal as "missing notebook" mars GAA tournament 1 year ago I’ve heard of whistles being lost on Craggy Island but the ref’s notebook is a new one on me. Questions have been raised now about the validity of suspensions and even the legitimacy of the tournament itself as the referee will now be forced to recall from memory, the scores, cards and results....
- Epic Andalusian GAA Encounter Ended by Equally Epic Storm 2 years ago https://johnpbrady.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/VID_20211120_161436.mp4https://johnpbrady.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/VID_20211120_161503.mp4 Marbella’s Costa Gaels and the visiting Sevilla had just seven minutes left to play in their Andalusian League fixture when a storm of Mediterranean...
- Amore in Italy: How long should the chase last? 2 years ago Originally published in Thought Catalogue in 2013 The age old human tradition of man chasing woman is rooted in the caveman period. Nowadays in Ireland and other modern societies it is quite common and acceptable for the girl to do just as much of the shovel work as the former pursuer might. ...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Italy Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Italy!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on John P Brady
00:09 AM October 18, 2012
Really like the pictures and the useful info on Sicily. Hopefully I can see some of the places there soon. The writing is good too.
10:19 AM October 18, 2012
Really love this blog. They're not just well written and entertaining, they're also useful, as they were a real help when I visited Sicily last month. I will continue to read them in preparation for my next trip to that wonderful place.
23:23 PM October 18, 2012
Trojan tales of Sicilian ways, a drop of Mediterranean to go with your morning coffee !
11:01 AM October 21, 2012
I love this blog - it is written from an ex-pat's perspective but with a real local flavour. Insightful, humourous and well written!
16:24 PM October 22, 2012
Much though it pains me to vote for the competition, I can't not: this is a great blog full of descriptive writing and beautifully observed oddities. Now update more often, man!
21:56 PM October 29, 2012
I just got into blogs last year and have been following this one for a while. I like the mix of information, there's festivals, travel advice and lots of smashing photos. Love it!
22:14 PM October 29, 2012
Love his writing, it'll make you laugh sometimes, other times it sucks you in and you are practically in Sicily!
23:26 PM October 29, 2012
Lovely pictures and articles! It's my favourite blog at the moment
17:23 PM October 30, 2012
I really love the layout of this blog! Moreover the articles are really interesting and well written
18:06 PM October 30, 2012
I really wanna go to Sicily and I've been looking at the gorgeous pics and getting excited about it. Love this blog for the info about Sicily.
14:47 PM November 05, 2012
I follow this blog and, as a Sicilian, I can say that it is really pleasent to read the tales of this Irish man and see his point of view of my land. Very impressive and enjoyable. Good work John!!
17:35 PM November 05, 2012
I love John's blog, it portraits in a funny and intelligent way Sicilian atmosphere. John has made a good job providing useful information about this wonderful land, enhancing its qualities and defects objectively. I would give him ten stars if I could! :)
23:04 PM November 05, 2012
John is a very good writer, I always read his blog...it's a nice, alternative and colourful view of sicilian landscape, people and situations. I like to see how a foreigner sees Sicily, and John does it in a very good way.
23:20 PM November 05, 2012
Very cool site i learned a few things keep up the great work i will be back
09:56 AM November 06, 2012
Jonh's blog is fantastic, a Pen precise and careful to emphasize, to tell, what with his eyes saw and the feelings that he lived ...
09:19 AM November 08, 2012
It's a really good blog, John has a fresh, distinctive style and tops his posts up with a great sense of humour and beautiful pictures. Love it!
00:43 AM December 14, 2012
A wonderfully indepth perspective due to John P. Brady's lyrical prose which jumps right off the web and into the hearts and minds of us avid travellers who seek pastures new. Keep up the good work!
17:45 PM August 20, 2013
nice work i too have a blog on Italy