How to Japanese
Latest Blog Posts »
- Cool Word - オブラート 5 days ago I’m in the Japan Times this week with a look at a couple of websites that I’ve noticed popping up whenever I search for a polite way to phrase something: “When stumped in Japanese, go where the stumped Japanese go.” … Continue reading →
- Magnetic Lassos and Other Translation Thoughts 3 weeks ago The last five months have flown by. In March I moved on from my job with the Japanese Consulate into a new position here in Chicago that still has me connected with Japan. My exit from the consulate position was … Continue reading →
- My Translation Desktop 3 months ago I only vaguely remember my first electronic dictionary. I know I had a very small one I bought in Akihabara in 2003 that deftly jumped around between kanji and compounds. But I left it in a classroom when I got … Continue reading →
- The Best Japanese Postcards 3 months ago Quick update for June aimed at any travelers headed to Japan this summer! The best place to pick up post cards in Japan is at the Post Office, and one of the best post offices is the Tokyo Central Post … Continue reading →
- PDF Quote-a-palooza 4 months ago Greetings from Kumamoto! I’m here for work for the rest of this week and then I’ll have a few meetings in Tokyo. I’ll have a few days free at the end of the second week, so if you’re in Tokyo and … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- How to Fly First Class For Free Writing Contest October 2012 It helps if you live abroad for a while. Pick somewhere you’re interested in. Sure, Japan is a great choice. You love Japan – like really love Japan. It’s one of the first places you’ve been that’s made sense: it’s safe, beautiful, has...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » How to Japanese has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!