Standing in a Spanish Doorway
Latest Blog Posts »
- "Oxford vaccine is safe, according to second stage study data" 1 day ago [ Rumyana Vakarelska]"The vaccine builds immunity, but still does not protect against infection.""We have some really good news; the so-called "British 'A' vaccine being developed by scientists at Oxford University is entering its third phase of testing," Rumyana Vakarelska, a journalist in...
- "Fears increase, virus surges in Spain" -- My latest interview with ABC Radio (Sydney) 6 days ago This morning I talked by phone to Anna Pykett from ABC Radio in Australia about the continuing second wave of Corona in Spain/Catalonia and the UK government's actions.5 minute recording here.
- "Where (some of) Spain's agricultural workers live" 1 week ago A video report from LaSexta titled ‘Between garbage and no hot water in old farm-buildings: the inhumane conditions in which the seasonal workers have to live’.[Thanks again to the comprehensive round up of weekly news at Business Over Tapas.]
- "Black lives matter in Barcelona" -- My latest opinion column for Catalonia Today magazine 2 weeks ago Unlike the UK or USA, one of the more visible ways that many Europeans are used to seeing black people is at work as street sellers, especially during summer in the bigger cities. These are the so-called ‘top manta’ who display their products on blankets in busy places.In July three years ago,...
- "Think your country is crowded? These maps reveal the truth about population density across Europe" 3 weeks ago "It’s often said that England is the most densely populated large country in Europe – typically in discussions about the nation’s rising population, and the growing strain on public services. But it’s not true...In fact, Spain could claim to be the most densely populated major European...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Standing in a Spanish Doorway has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!