The Divorced Lady's Companion to Living in Italy
Latest Blog Posts »
- Adieu, Mon Doux Rivage 5 years ago It is time for us to part. Hence, this heartbreaking title. Which is an aria written by the largely-not-remembered composer Meyerbeer, who once moaned about Chopin. In a very catty way.It is also the title of one of my short stories, hopefully in a new book coming out at some point in time. A...
- Hopping About 6 years ago This summer has been the wildest one so far. I never knew I could move around so much without going slightly mad. Time zones. Seasons. Languages. Wardrobes. Prior to the great Sydney expedition I took part in the second edition of the London Short Story Festival, four days saturated with short...
- Homecoming Queen 6 years ago It's been a long while. Unspeakably long. And while I have been catching cheap flights to London pretending to be a writer and swanning up and down the Dolomites in a corduroy skirt, my home city has been growing more and more balmy and glamorous. And glamour is the word that comes to mind when you...
- A Winter Love Affair 6 years ago Anyone who knows me knows where my heart now lies in winter. Yes, there has been a slight displacement. I used to spend winter drooling over boots in shop windows and waiting for prices to come crashing down. I always used to find a good and solid reason to invest in just another pair of shoes. I...
- How Fragile We Are 6 years ago I was going to write a sombre-toned post-Charlie-Hebdo blog post about this winter's work mission to fashion week in Paris. You know, grey rooftops and the Eiffel Tower glittering in spite of all that horror. A jitteriness in the air that we may well have been imagining, jittery ourselves. And this...
Contest Entries »
- Why Italy Will Break Your Heart Many Times Over Expat Blog Awards 2013 Why Italy Will Break Your Heart Many Times Over This isn’t about sex. It’s not about having your heart pummelled by some dopey guy or silly female. It’s not about an affair or the end of a long marriage. Though it could be. Italy will...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Italy Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Italy!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on The Divorced Lady's Companion to Living in Italy
14:49 PM November 01, 2012
Warm, intelligent bloggings! Love it!
16:22 PM November 01, 2012
Funny and new.loved it
21:28 PM November 01, 2012
Such honesty - Catherine writes with passion and a great sense of humour. Her posts make my day! F
08:37 AM November 02, 2012
This is such a fun and varied blog - it conveys perfectly all the delights and frustrations of expat life, the daily wonder and bafflement, as well as profound understanding and love of Italy.
11:34 AM November 02, 2012
Great post. As a fellow ex-pat, I find this funny and very, very true.
14:06 PM November 02, 2012
Catherine is a poet in four-inch heels, and she always makes me laugh.
15:48 PM November 02, 2012
Good job. Well done!
18:29 PM November 02, 2012
Cat has it all! Warm intelligent insightful challenging and a fab laugh. She is grappa made flesh - an injection of espresso - a warm embrace - a friend! The writing is of such consistently high quality - the posts have you begging for more.
19:35 PM November 02, 2012
At times hilarious and times poignant, Catherine's posts always give me something to think about.
21:45 PM November 04, 2012
Catherine makes me think, laugh and question. Wonderful use of language and a different and interesting point of view. Fun to read and so very thought provoking!
12:23 PM November 12, 2012
Catherine filters her experience of Italy through a veil of humour and observation in a way that makes you smile, but also makes you want to lift the veil and see the deeper motivations driving her. She makes you care for her and root for her.
23:33 PM December 04, 2013
Always love your blog Catherine!!! One I look forward to sending love xxx lisa | renovating italy