- Home » Expat Blogs » Turkey » Istanbul » Love.Life.Istanbul
Captures the meanderings of love and life in Istanbul from an expat's perspective and aims to inform other expats of the things to expect in an exotic and often confusing life in Turkey. A mixture of serious life lessons, humor and hopefully helpful posts for fellow Istanbul expats to enjoy.
Latest Blog Posts »
- The 2 dangers of living in Turkey as a foreign woman 6 years ago As an Istanbul-based blogger, I receive plenty of emails from potential expats asking me for insider tips about living in Turkey. Where to live, what to budget for and how to get an ikamet (resident permit). The list of questions is long. And, … Continue reading →
- Is this what it means to be beautiful in Turkey? 6 years ago A light-hearted reading from Istanbul’s Spoken Word on April 12, 2016. ************* This is a story about one woman’s struggle to come to terms with beauty in the eyes of the Turks. Well, the truth be known it’s actually my … Continue reading →
- Am I safe in Turkey? 7 years ago It’s a question I get asked often and right now I’m inclined to say: I’m not safe in Turkey. I’m not. What I mean is, I’m not safe from other people’s fears and what they create around me. The atrocities and … Continue reading →
- Love in the time of elections 7 years ago There are times in Turkey where I read the local news online and wonder if I’ve been duped. The headlines and content of the news can be so absurd I find myself scrolling through the website looking for the disclaimer saying: “This an … Continue reading →
- 2 ways to love in Turkey 7 years ago Has your new Turkish ‘friend’ confessed they love you after one date or one week? Or perhaps the Turkish student has openly declared their love for you in class. Confused? Perhaps you’re lost in translation and here’s the reason why. … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Copy and paste code to display the Featured Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Love.Life.Istanbul has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!