Pick Up The Fork
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Sarkis Experience: What to order at BA's most popular restaurant 1 year ago If you ever stood outside the corner of Thames and Jufré waiting over an hour for a table, you have already completed the first stage of the Sarkis Experience. The 250-seat Armenian restaurant on the Villa Crespo-Palermo border is open every day, for lunch and dinner, and almost always packed...
- Recipe: Gran Dabbang's Pakoras de Acelga with Carrot Chutney 1 year ago I remember the first time I tried the swiss chard pakoras at Gran Dabbang. The year was 2014, the genesis of BA’s new food renaissance. I had heard about this Palermo café serving Indian and Southeast Asian food that was actually supposed to be spicy. So naturally, like many young and...
- Tegui En Casa: How a top Argentine restaurant fits inside one box 1 year ago The other night my doorbell rang at around 8 pm. “Allie?” a voice said on the intercom. “It’s Tegui.” A few months back, it would be ludicrous to think that one of Argentina’s top fine dining restaurants would be delivering food to my door. But alas, we are living in a different era...
- Updated: Delivery & Takeaway Guide 1 year ago Support local businesses! But for real. Restaurants need us more than ever in order to survive this pandemic. This is an on-going list of restaurants, cafés, bars, markets, butcher shops, vegetable shops, etc., offering takeaway and delivery services in Buenos Aires during the quarantine. If...
- Innovation and Community: 5 Ways the Food Industry is Adapting to a New COVID-19 Reality 1 year ago Great things can arise from our worst moments. Our actions now will dictate what happens to the future of the food world. In the wake of COVID-19, people in our community are turning into innovators and humanitarians, creating projects to help the greater food good. The post Innovation and...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Argentina Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Argentina!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 20 reviews on Pick Up The Fork
00:03 AM November 02, 2012
Hilarious and great reviews, PUTF usually plans my dining out in the city. Couldn't recommend a better read! Grade A!
00:29 AM November 02, 2012
Great, well written, witty blog that keeps me constantly informed about the latest and greatest food in Buenos Aires, Argentina. One of the best around!
03:35 AM November 02, 2012
Excellent. Food blogging at its finest!!
09:10 AM November 02, 2012
Funny, irreverent, edgy, extremely helpful
13:16 PM November 12, 2012
By far the best food blog in Argentina: it's funny, relatable, informative, great photos. Unlike other blogs, these recommendations never let me down.
13:34 PM November 18, 2012
As someone who is passionate about food and has just moved to Buenos Aires this past year - this blog is THE go to resource for all things food-related in BsAs. Pick Up the Fork has all the best tips on restaurants, bars, the perfect dish to try on any particular day - and the photos make it all the more delicious.
19:25 PM December 11, 2012
Absolutely fantastic blog, it really is the best unbiased foreigner's insight on Buenos Aires' food scene, I trust it every time. And unlike most food blogs, it's really fun and easy to read.
13:37 PM December 12, 2012
I don't read many blogs, but Pick Up The Fork is probably the only one I religiously follow, and I don't even live in Buenos Aires anymore! It's by far the best.
12:24 PM December 18, 2012
Most def the top food blog in the city. Never go to a restaurant without checking pick up the fork first.
12:31 PM December 18, 2012
Wonderful, humorous, well informed - this blog is better than the local guide books.
12:34 PM December 18, 2012
This blog is the bomb! By far has the greatest restaurant recommendations, is super well written, and really funny. King of BA food blogs.
12:40 PM December 18, 2012
Me encanta! Pick up the fork es lo mas!
14:00 PM December 18, 2012
Love this sassy mouth!! Without PUTF I'd be a hungry girl lost in a big city!
18:18 PM December 18, 2012
The ultimate restaurant resource in BA! I'm a huge fan, and you should be too.
18:38 PM December 18, 2012
Best tips on where to go to eat in Buenos Aires, great palate, funny writer and nice photographic eye.
21:18 PM December 18, 2012
Fantastic blog and wonderful blogger. Just wish I'd known about it sooner.
22:00 PM December 18, 2012
Very useful blog, I went to several recommended locations and always was right about the menu and experience. Great place to get information and fun and funny too.
00:11 AM December 19, 2012
Really good reviews. Food, fun and choripan!
02:59 AM December 19, 2012
Superb resource for those in Buenos Aires and love good food. Really funny and entertaining, highly recommend!
02:58 AM February 27, 2014
Buenos Aires is one of the highlights when travelling South America and most visitors fall for this elegant city with its European vibe and South American energy. If you plan to travel here, I recommend to visit a list of the Cheapest Hotels in Buenos Aires to suit your budget and needs.