This is the milk - drink more, worry less.
Latest Blog Posts »
- Everything you need to know to plan a wedding abroad 3 weeks ago Short background: my husband is Spanish and I am American. I have lived in Spain for nearly ten years, and with him for seven of them. Our wedding was on July 6th, 2019, at 8:30pm, performed as a civil ceremony by my sister and his oldest brother. Keep this information in mind as you read [...]
- Three days in Chiang Mai 11 months ago Have a short jaunt to this small town in the north of Thailand? Make the most of it with these tips!
- 8 questions to ask before you start private classes 1 year ago This post could also be titled, “Everything I wish I knew about private classes before I started.” In over nine years as a teacher in Spain I have had to take on my share of private classes, usually against my own wishes and thanks to the insistence from my bank account. If you are an [...]
- Barcelona on a budget 1 year ago There’s no use hiding it, Barcelona is not a cheap city–Spain-speaking. Yes, compared to the UK or pretty much any other city in western Europe, Barcelona is still cheaper, but being a tourist here can get pricey pretty quickly. Take a look at some of the most typical tourist spots at a glance:...
- How to be an awesome language assistant 1 year ago So you’ve been accepted into a language assistant program and you’ve likely been placed in a middle of nowhere town and CAN’T WAIT TO GO TO SPAIN. But maybe you don’t speak Spanish, maybe you’ve never been to Spain before, maybe you’ve never been a teacher, and your excitement turns...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on This is the milk - drink more, worry less.
11:23 AM July 24, 2018
Hello! I came across your blog and love what you've written. I am also an American (from just outside Manhattan) now living in Barcelona for my husband's job with our three toddlers. I also started a blog about our experiences as a family and it's been fun documenting the journey.