Get Up. Get Out. Get Lost.
Latest Blog Posts »
- Canary Islands Culture: La Noche de Finaos not Halloween 6 days ago La Noche de Finaos is a tradition in the Canary Islands, linked to All Saint´s Day and held on October 31 annually (the same day as Halloween). Like All Saint´s Day, Finaos in the Canaries celebrates, honors and remembers friends and family who have passed on. Families get together to share a...
- Get Lost in Gran Canaria October Events Calendar 2 weeks ago Get Lost in Gran Canaria October 2018 Events Autumn is in the air, there’s a chill in the breeze and the leaves are changing shades from green to gold… Just kidding! This is Gran Canaria and the weather forecast expects temperature to remain high until November
- Teach English in Spain as an Auxiliar de Conversación Language Assistant 2 months ago Spain is ramping up efforts to improve the nations´ English skills by inviting native English speakers into the classroom, and thousands of young people move to Spain every year to teach English, learn Spanish, explore the beautifully diverse country and of course, drink lots of Spanish wine
- Gran Canaria Calendar and September Events 2 months ago While most of the world is getting ready to pull out their fluffy sweaters and get their pumpkin spice on, the sun is still shining and the weather is sweet here in Gran Canaria. Summer isn´t going anywhere any time soon, and this month is packed with events, live music and local festivals. From...
- Celebrate La Fiesta del Pino in Teror, Gran Canaria 3 months ago It was past midnight when we neared the top of the mountain. The late summer night was warm and humid and we were already sticky from walking 12km uphill. From here, we were near enough to hear the music and could practically taste a cold, refreshing cerveza Tropical on our lips. We came around...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Get Up. Get Out. Get Lost.
16:42 PM September 07, 2017
I love this blog! I'm preparing to move to Spain as a Language Assistant in Madrid and it's been SO HELPFUL. I love the suggestions and advice she gives for finding apartments and what to pack. Really thourough but really fun at the same time.