- Home » Expat Blogs » Turkey » Izmir » Turkish Adventures
While teaching English Literature at an international high school in Ankara for three years, I traveled extensively throughout Turkey. After a short stint in Barcelona, I am back in Turkey, this time residing in Izmir
Latest Blog Posts »
- new website 4 years ago Check out my new website at: https://carolinensimpson.com
- an excerpt from my forthcoming poetry book, Choose Your Own Adventure and Other Poems 4 years ago Choose Your Own Adventure: The Galápagos Mating DanceYou are a single woman, about to embark upon your most challenging and dangerous mission. Equipped with a libido and the instinct to bear children, your objective is to find the perfect mating ritual in the Galápagos Islands. You bravely...
- Losing Layers 5 years ago first published in Bayou Magazine. Issue 67. Spring 2017, 49-55. Print.Losing Layersby Caroline N. SimpsonWith my arm resting between her leg and breast, she begins her questions: How do you know Turkish? Are you married? How old are you? Her breasts swing toward my face...
- Who Left Us Like Orphans? 5 years ago first published in the online literary-cultural magazine, Riot Material, on May 4, 2017 US Vice President Joe Biden and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan sat in white and gold upholstered chairs in the Presidential Palace in Ankara. It was August 24, 2016, over one month past the July...
- Georgia on my Mind 6 years ago Back in Turkey to teach summer school at BELS in Erzurum, I was only in the country for one week, when we got a one-week holiday to celebrate the end of Ramadan. It’s family time for Turks. For me, it was a chance to visit a new country, one of Turkey’s neighbors. As I was going to Georgia...
Contest Entries »
- How to do the Turkey Trot and Cavort in Catalunya: An Expat’s Tips on Living Abroad Writing Contest October 2012 While moving from Barcelona to Izmir this past summer with my excessive excess baggage, the cashier at the airport bookstore asked me for my city of residence. When I paused and looked up at the ceiling for the answer, he laughed at me, and then I...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Copy and paste code to display the Featured Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Turkish Adventures has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!