Top 10 Reasons You Should Really Come to Dubai in Summer
By: GraceHave you ever flipped through the glossy travel magazines and stopped at the page, “Dubai – the center of now” and think, why not? There’s a photo of the pristine, turquoise waters off Jumeirah beach, the unbroken blue skies, glorious sun. But really, Dubai, the Middle East (not Middle Earth) in the summer?
I say, why not?
Don't look at me like that! I wanted to say, I have “endured” seven summers here but I can assure you, it's ok, you might even love it and learn a lot from the experience and yes, you can go back home in one piece without melting.
That’s a pinky swear!
So here are the top ten reason to visit Dubai during summer.
1. You can travel light! T-shirts, shorts, flip flops, bikinis. That is all. But do bring a big suitcase. Dubai in summer means shopping, shopping and more shopping inside the temperature controlled malls. You wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.
2. You will have guaranteed tan in just minutes. For free. And sauna, too.
3. You can see car thermometer temperatures you didn’t even think were possible. I’m not talking about Florida-in-July hot. I’m talking about inside-your-car-with-a-broken-ac-in-Florida-in-July hot.
4. You can break sprint records in running from your airconditioned house/apartment to your airconditioned car to the airconditioned mall or office after you step outside and get slapped by the hot air like a hair dryer directly on your face.
5. Your pale feet will thank you. Leave your socks at home, time to expose your clammy feet in the sun!
6. You will become more environment conscious and start to lobby against global warming. The nearly 50C (115F) temps will teach you that.
7. You'll know the real definition of superficial, denial and suicidal: Superficial is when you're lounging in that (false) sense of security sipping hot coffee inside the cold cafe, denial is thinking you will be ok with the hot reality beyond that door and suicidal means sipping hot coffee al fresco...
8. You'll know the real definition of 'irony' when you hold on to your jackets inside the wintery cold malls and offices and it's nearly 50C outside.
9. Hate or fed up of rain? You’ve come to the right place. If you come in the summer (or even in the other months except December-February where we have spits of rain) it will never, ever rain on your parade. This is the ultimate place for Ombrophobia rehab. Ombrophobia is the fear of the rain. I am not making this up!
10. Lastly, you really should come, because, after the shopping, mall strolling , beach lounging, where else can you experience hell on Earth?
Disclaimer: Hellish Dubai is available for limited time only. Please don't ask me what I am doing here along with people from two hundred different countries and why we continually live here (seven years in a few weeks, baby!) when I make it look like it’s unbearable because actually, it is not that bad. And definitely NOT the whole year through! When summer is over, Dubai has Goldilocks weather! Not too hot, not too cold but just right!
Grab a badge that links to this contest entry!
Contest Comments » There are 2 comments
Grace is passionate about her blog, it's always a great read, very informative with a personal touch.
This is a fun one - well done, Grace for putting a positive spin on things for those of us who only manage to get away from the heat for a few weeks in the summer, not 2 months like most of my (lucky) friends. I'm interested in visiting your blog after this and certainly will.