What about your saucepans?
Latest Blog Posts »
- I think I am becoming a twitcher 6 days ago Where we live you can usually hear nothing apart from the sound of birds. I have never really been into birds in a big way, but I have found myself wondering what type of birds they are, as there appear to be so many. This is what I have seen over the last week.Firstly I saw these two little chaps,...
- The Good Life 2 weeks ago There was a television sitcom in the UK which ran from 1975 to 1978 called ‘The Good Life”. It was based around the lives of a couple, Tom and Barbara Good who decided to live a self sufficient lifestyle in their existing home in the suburbs in south west London. They turned their...
- Neem trees and good news 3 weeks ago This has been a busy week for fixing and making things as husband has a two week break from University.The first thing to do was to mount the marmolite washing sink which is a standard in many Dominican homes.
- Bulls, nuns and Hector 1 month ago You know the feeling when you look out of the front window in the morning and see someone has dumped something in your front garden? Maybe a beer bottle, or a crisp packet (chips I think in American). You feel a tad disgruntled. Well the same thing happened to me the other day when I looked out of...
- Saved by the boil 1 month ago This has been a busy week so far. More visitors this weekend but they were North American and Dominican who behaved like North American. No mopping, no sweeping, no taking my clothes out and washing them. Normal lovely visitors. Not only that, they also brought me so many goodies I was totally...
Contest Entries »
- Ten ways to spot a Sanky Panky in the Dominican Republic Writing Contest March 2013 One of the biggest industries in the Dominican Republic is tourism. The country boasts beautiful white sandy beaches all around the coastline, and stunning tropical countryside in the centre of the country. Home to the highest mountain in the...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Dominican Republic!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 31 reviews on What about your saucepans?
20:59 PM November 15, 2012
Lindsay deserves to win she is a star. I love reading her blog and i love the way she has looked after Chivirico and kept us all up to date with his savings would love to neet up with them in December. Keep up the good work lindsay xx
21:01 PM November 15, 2012
I have had the pleasure to meet Lindsay and now am addicted to her blog. She share "real" life in the Dominican Republic. I love her commitment to Chivirico and helping him learn things he may not otherwise have the chance to experience. She and her family have been a positive influence in this young man's life. Keep up the awesome blogs my friend. Yvonne
21:26 PM November 15, 2012
Very interesting and funny stories from a country I fell n love with 5 years ago now. Long may the stories continue :)
21:27 PM November 15, 2012
I look forward to each new post about Chivirico.
21:56 PM November 15, 2012
Lindsay is the best.... best mate, best writer, best survivor, best blogger.
21:56 PM November 15, 2012
I really enjoy the way Lindsay try to reach others and how she is helping chivirico to be a excellent person.
22:47 PM November 15, 2012
I absolutely love reading Lindsay's blog about the DR and Chivirico. She is both entertaining and educational in her writings. Whenever I see there is a new post a smile takes over my face in anticipation of what's to come. Her writings of Chivirico and his support of him have not only touched my heart but that of many others. Keep up the great work, would love to meet you someday!!
23:37 PM November 15, 2012
I first came across What about your saucepans a couple months ago...I enjoy each and every post that is made, but mostly the post on Chivirco and his adventures. Chivirco is a very lucky little guy to have Lindsay in his life, and she to have him...But through her writings about the little guy, it has allowed many to fall in love with him and hope the best for him. I, like many can't wait for the next post!
13:05 PM November 16, 2012
Having lived in the DR, reading her stories bring back fond and sometimes not so fond memories of my time there!
15:14 PM November 16, 2012
Always look forward to reading lindsay's blog, always entertaining makes me laugh out loud and as for Chivirico he is a little start who deserves the best Xmas ever and im sure he will with Lindsay's help xxx
17:06 PM November 16, 2012
I look forward to every blog from Lindsay, they make me laugh, make me sad, make me miss DR Keep up the great work!!!
17:46 PM November 16, 2012
Absolutely love Lindsay's blog!! Definately deserves to win!! I have been reading it for last few months and look forward to each new installment - especially new tales of Chivirico's adventures :) I am leaving England in a few weeks to move to a barrio in Dominican Republic with my husband and 2 step-daughters and she has given me a valuable insight of life to come - even the bad bits haven't put me off!! Lindsay deserves every award going for her honesty, sense of humour, and time and effort she puts into her blog - many many thanks xxx
20:24 PM November 17, 2012
Lindsay writes with humour and compassion I'm often moved and entertained in equal measure by her posts.
18:15 PM November 18, 2012
Love this blog - its one of the few i religiously read. Laugh and cry in equal measure and love following the story of the security guard!
20:34 PM November 18, 2012
If only all blogs were this good
20:55 PM November 18, 2012
a wonderful blog written with humanity and humour - highly recommended!
21:17 PM November 18, 2012
"Laughter through tears" is probably the phrase I would use to describe Lindsays blog. A REAL look into the heart of life in the DR far away from the illusion from resorts and popular residential areas for expats. Her sense of humor is second to none and probably her secret for surviving and embracing the DR culture.
21:58 PM November 18, 2012
Saucepans blog is an excellent blend of humour, humility and education. This blog is an excellent veiw into barrio life in a third world country. Always an enjoyable read.
03:17 AM November 19, 2012
I love reading the stories that Lindsay shares with us. She is so talented at making the people come alive and helping us to connect to Chivirico and whoever she writes about. It is a fascinating country and a pleasure to continue learning new things as I read her blogs!
05:16 AM November 19, 2012
Lindsay is a wonderful and dear friend, and her blog is so entertaining and educational at the same time. Having had the privilege of livIng near her a few years ago, and visiting her now whenever possible, I can say that her stories are absolutely true, as I have witnessed some of them! She is funny, real, and engaging, and she absolutely gets my vote!!
09:11 AM November 19, 2012
Love this fascinating and amusing snapshot of life in the DR
09:12 AM November 19, 2012
Lindsay's blog is brilliant of course. Her personality and humour shines through even in the most difficult times. I have always admired my sister and her ability to find the good and amusing in all situations never ceases to amaze me,
11:24 AM November 19, 2012
By far the best blog for this region...is there a 10 star option?
21:25 PM November 19, 2012
I visit the north coast for the month of February. I love the people and the country. This blog captures the joy and hardships of everyday life in DR. Keep up the great work and we all look forward to more tales of Chiviricoè
00:04 AM November 26, 2012
Great Blog! Love Lindsay's relationship with Chivirico and also love the way she shows the DR.
22:23 PM December 11, 2012
I can't believe I only just discovered this blog! It is witty and engaging, bittersweet and exhilerating and I just plain love it. I've visited the Dominican many times and plan to "retire" in Las Terrenas as soon as possible. Keep these wonderful posts coming!!!
16:48 PM December 13, 2012
Lindsay is a wonderful writer! I love reading her blogs on the DR, they are always informative and hilarious!
17:01 PM December 13, 2012
Lindsay is an amazing person and talks about real life in the DR. I enjoy her blog.
18:00 PM December 13, 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed Lindsay's A to Z of the Dominican Republic, a country a knew nothing about until I started reading her posts. A brilliant blog by an amazing woman.
18:05 PM December 13, 2012
I love reading Lindsay's Blog its so funny and serious at the same time, It has been my pleasure to spend some time with Lindsay a couple years back, she is one amazing lady!!
09:01 AM December 14, 2012
I always enjoy reading Linday's blog, she tells it like it is, however mad, sad or bad. It brings back fond and not so fond memories! Definitely a a winning blog for sure.