40 blog Spot
Latest Blog Posts »
- My Favourite Time Of The Day 21 hours ago What is your favourite time of the day? For me, it is my first cup of coffee of the morning. I usually have it after the school run and before starting my day of work. It is an important breather, and a good time for me to relax and to start organising my day. My ritual hasn’t...
- Where Has Chivalry Gone? 1 day ago White Knight I have just been to my butcher and, despite the fact that I had never seen before the guy who was serving me, he called me ‘Darling, Sweetheart and Honey’ in the space of a couple of minutes, as if buying some steaks made us old friends. That’s just the...
- Checkmate! 3 days ago Page Street, Westminster I would like, every Sunday, to share with you a picture of London. Do not expect big landmarks and well-known features. No, I am more interested in the details that make London what it is. This one was taken on Page street, In Pimlico. It looks like a chessboard,...
- The Side Boob Issue 6 days ago Diane Kruger Side Boob There is a new trend in town. I believe that it started at the Cannes festival and it simply hasn't stopped ever since. Forget about showing a little cleavage, nobody cares any more. In fact, forget about wearing your bra. It is all about showing some side boobs...
- Mind The Step 1 week ago Staircase My old Victorian house is full of steps. To be precise, there are 87 of them in total. You have the whole story now, with facts and figures, so don’t complain please. The thing is, most old houses in London have lots of steps. We simply got used to it. And the silver...
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Tips To be Taken Seriously In your Job In London Writing Contest March 2013 After the best part of a decade spent in London, I am still learning to speak proper English. Having a French accent is quite a hindrance in my job, because most of the time my colleagues comment on my accent rather than on what I have to say, which...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in England!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 35 reviews on 40 blog Spot
21:52 PM November 15, 2012
A must-read. Muriel's whimsical account of life as a French woman living in London is always light-hearted and funny! I hope that she will write a book eventually!
22:58 PM November 15, 2012
This blog never fails to entertain, and at the same time offers a lot of cultural insights.
20:56 PM November 18, 2012
A great blog, insightful and well written, with many kinds of experiences shared.
21:04 PM November 18, 2012
Superbly written and really refreshing articles written by someone who obviously has a fantastic sense of humour... Love Em !!
21:26 PM November 18, 2012
What I most love about the blog is that it comes straight from the heart. A good balance of the striking differences, similarities between cultures and their beliefs. Also, the hint of sarcasm doesn't hurt one bit! Completely enjoyable!
01:00 AM November 19, 2012
Always funny and insightful.
09:04 AM November 19, 2012
I've been reading Muriel's blog for what seems like years, and still love it. I never tire of reading about her experiences - those of a French woman, wife, mother and business woman in London.
09:30 AM November 19, 2012
Muriel's blog bridges two countries' peculiarities with an extra dose of humour. It is a pleasure to read her entertaining, funny and insightful posts.
10:10 AM November 19, 2012
Muriel and I have swapped places. She is French and has moved to London, I am British and have moved to France. As such, I am greatly amused to compare her life as an expat with mine. She writes well, has many interesting insights and writes with humour and intelligence. Her blog is one of my top favourites.
12:07 PM November 19, 2012
Great humour detailing the peculiarities between two languages, countries and cultures.
09:47 AM November 20, 2012
A great blog about how in feels to be a French women amongst the Brits...A must-read!
16:23 PM November 21, 2012
I'm always having a lot of fun reading Muriel's blog. And everything she says is so true... I'm a big fan! Thanks Muriel!
22:14 PM November 22, 2012
I always look forward to a new post by Muriel. I am French and she is so right in all her comments about France and England and I very often recognise myself in her blog. Plus she writes in a very entertaining way! Well done Muriel!
21:16 PM November 23, 2012
I love this blog! Muriel usually posts on Sundays evenings and it is a great way to start the week. I highly recommend it.
15:32 PM November 26, 2012
Witty, funny, and insightful! I'm a regular reader! =)
09:58 AM November 27, 2012
Witty and funny. Nice discovery
14:55 PM November 27, 2012
Such a great, honest, insightful blog. Not only do we learn about Muriel's funny viewpoint of being an expat, we also learn a bit about French and British culture. Awesome! Laura
10:25 AM November 28, 2012
Lots of humour and very well written. Highly recommended!
14:51 PM November 29, 2012
Great blog Crispy, funny, .... Simply brilliant
02:58 AM December 02, 2012
I especially love reading her changing perspective on her homeland as she spends more time in London.
21:48 PM December 08, 2012
I always have a good laugh when I read Muriel's blog. It totally deserves 5 stars!
16:14 PM December 09, 2012
Entertaining, thought-provoking, full of wry and gentle humor with a cross-cultural perspective and appeal. Definitely worth bookmarking!
16:24 PM December 09, 2012
I love this blog! Muriel's perspective is fascinating, her experience interesting and her stories are unique, touching, hilarious!
16:42 PM December 09, 2012
I love this blog. There is always a great post to read. Well done.
20:34 PM December 09, 2012
One of my all time favorite blogs...always a pleasure to read. It's been great "getting to know" Muriel.
21:57 PM December 09, 2012
To the point, topped with a wee bit of sarcasm and oh so funny. Definite must-read.
17:42 PM December 12, 2012
I am always waiting for the next post!!! So never stop !!!!
20:31 PM December 13, 2012
Really good read and a great blogger! My inspiration!
22:31 PM December 13, 2012
This is an excellent blog. It's humorous and topical. You get a real sense of the differences between her home country of France and her new home in London. It well-written and always interesting.
05:06 AM December 14, 2012
Muriel's blog is always a great read - entertaining yet grounded in reality. For me, as an Indian woman, it gives me a peek into two different cultures from a woman's point of view.
15:22 PM December 14, 2012
Love Muriel's blog. I always look forward to her posts she often shares at My Blogworld Forum. The experiences of a French woman living in London laced with humor. Keep going, Muriel.
16:36 PM December 14, 2012
Tres drole..... I mean very funny please do not stop. We love it Great Blog!
20:51 PM December 14, 2012
This is a wonderful blog that I check everyday. Muriel is funny and very real in her posts about life as a French mom living in London. I hope she writes a book her writing is witty and superb.
13:31 PM December 17, 2012
One of my most interesting discoveries this year. Lovely blog with healthy dose of humour!
08:15 AM December 23, 2012
Love Yummy Mummy's humorous, insightful articles about a French woman's experiences living in London.