A new life planned in Cyprus
Latest Blog Posts »
- New drainage and The Grapevine Magazine 1 week ago This week the village council began work on a new drainage system that is being installed just below our house. The drainage is needed to control the flow flow of rainwater which in the past has caused subsidence in the area. Our recently taken photograph of a Honey Buzzard has been used on the...
- Halloween and Kelvin's birthday BBQ at the 1911.Eight years in Cyprus. 3 weeks ago On mild October evening, we made our way down to the 1911 club for their Halloween BBQ and to celebrate Kelvin's birthday. There were a number of good costumes and Martin and Kelvin cooked up a tasty BBQ.It has been eight years today since we moved to the Island of Cyprus, the time has just flown...
- A sad visit to the UK 3 weeks ago We learnt the sad News that Mandy's mum, Edith, has passed away in the UK. Edith was a lovely lady and lived to the grand age of 89. After bringing up her five children she travelled around the World alone.We had to return to the UK to attend the funeral but our travel plans did not quite go the...
- End of Summer BBQ 1 month ago The Pissouri residents association held their End of Summer BBQ at the Pine bay club. The guests enjoyed a lovely selection of food followed by an afternoon of musical entertainment.
- Miss Debonair Drag show 1 month ago Local drag artist, Miss Debonair, made a return visit to Pissouri as she performed her very entertaining show at the 1911 club. Using numerous costume changes she had the crowd in stitches with her comedy act.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on A new life planned in Cyprus
14:12 PM March 05, 2014
A Very entertaining Blog which I really enjoyed visiting.I look forward to revisiting in the near future, Regards, Danny
08:36 AM August 14, 2014
Hi, I hope you don't mind me contacting you, but I read your blog and found it very interesting. I am considering buying a property in Cyprus, 5 years ahead of retirement and came here for a month to do a reccie. I find myself overwhelmed by the choice of locations, variety of properties and pricing points. You seem very happy in Pissouri and there seems to be a vibrant ex-pat community where you are. Can I ask why you picked Pissouri and what are the main pro's and con's of living there? Again, hope you don't mind me asking you and no problem if you feel unable to respond to requests of this kind. Regards, Sheila Creak