A British Girl Abroad
Latest Blog Posts »
- Koh Kood Island, Thailand 1 day ago Did you know that there are up to 16 public holidays a year in Thailand?! We have just celebrated Songkran; the Thai new year celebrations and saw 3 consecutive days of public holidays from April 14th – April 16th (although being in hospitality I had to come back to work on the 16th) As all […]
- Viva Aviv & The River Co, River City, Bangkok 6 days ago There is something so lovely about sitting and relaxing by the river, better still if you have a fantastic rum cocktail in your hand which is exactly what we were drinking when we visited the newest bar from the owners of Hyde and Seek...
- Gaggan Progressive Indian Cuisine, Soi Lang Suan, Bangkok. 1 week ago One of the restaurants I was most excited about visiting when I moved to Bangkok was “Gaggans” an innovative Indian restaurant helmed by Chef Gaggan Anand who is notable for being the first Indian Chef to have interned at El Bulli, Ferran Adrias temple to molecular gastronomy in Spain. Named as...
- Chilli CultureThai Kitchen, Soi 11, Bangkok 2 weeks ago I had friends visiting from the UK last month and got to meet their amazing daughter (who was born less than a week after my last trip back to the UK) for the first time. It’s safe to say that navigating Bangkok with an almost 2 year old is not something I am used to […]
- Issaya Siamese Club, Bangkok 2 weeks ago Housed in a beautiful historical 1920′s Thai home, Ian Kittichai’s Issaya http://www.issaya.com/issaya-index.php was the newest Bangkok addition to this years “San Pellegrino’s Asias Top 50 Restaurants” We had chosen Issaya in order to celebrate my friend Bekahs birthday in true style...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 20 reviews on A British Girl Abroad
10:29 AM November 19, 2012
Having traveled the world in 2010-2011 my life back in the UK and especially my desk job seem rather dull in comparison. Luckily for me I am able to re-awaken foodie and travel passions via the blog 'A British Girl Abroad' which has me salivating at the restaurant reviews and living vicariously through the eyes and tastes of a very talented blogger. What this lovely lady doesn't know about food and drink isn't worth knowing....and I hope to experience a few of her favourite haunts with her one day. Until then keep blogging please!!
12:18 PM November 19, 2012
Always entertaining and informative. Everything you need to know about Singapore food and drink plus lots of things to do there. She's my sort of girl!
17:10 PM November 19, 2012
This is a brilliant blog for those who want to know where to go and what to eat in Singapore. Highly recommended!
18:04 PM November 19, 2012
Have been following this blog since it started and am very happy to see it going from strength to strength. I follow her on Twitter to so I am one of the first to read each blog post. I am looking forward to visiting Singapore just so that I can try some of the amazing food and restaurants that I have read about on here. Just some of the reasons that this is my favourite blog!
18:42 PM November 19, 2012
Great - now I have to save up to go to Singapore and enjoy it all!! British Girl really makes it come alive.
23:48 PM November 19, 2012
What an amazing blog!! I visited Singapore 4 years ago and was a little lost on where to go for good food, wish I'd had this blog with me as my food Bible - it would have enhanced my experience so much. Now I have the opportunity to go back there to visit with my sister, I'm looking forward to presenting her with some of this lady's wisdom and maybe finding a little place even my sis hasn't discovered yet! Please keep blogging... :)
21:15 PM November 20, 2012
A real insider's view of life in Singapore which has definitely put Singapore at the top of my travel list.
16:36 PM November 21, 2012
IT IS SOME TIME SINCE I LAST VISITED SINGAPORE AND NOW I REALISE WHAT I MISSED ON MY VISIT. MUST MAKE PLANS TO TRAVEL THERE AGAIN AND TAKE ON BOARD ALL THIS "BRITISH GIRL ABROAD" RECOMMENDS - I AM ALREADY SALIVATING!
14:13 PM November 22, 2012
A fab blog which has it's finger on the pulse of what is new and happening for foodies in Singapore, but at the same time finds hidden gems that the normal visitor might miss. Her genuine passion for all things food & drink is pretty contagious!
14:30 PM November 24, 2012
Met via Twitter and reading her blog made me want to meet in real life! Our fav hawker centre for Indian food was a recommendation from this blog and we go there weekly now. Thanks a million and keep finding yummy places for us to try.
15:50 PM November 24, 2012
One tends to be wary of mismatched expectations when meeting bloggers in the flesh, but Beirutibrit is as lovely online as she is in real life. She seems to know more (new-ish) food places than I do, so that keeps me reading!
19:56 PM November 24, 2012
It all sounds so delicious!!!! Great blog always leaves me looking forward to reading more.
20:22 PM November 24, 2012
I have yet to visit Singapore, however, I sure do love the way you write!!! You have just become my "go to" travel writer for food and places to see. Keep up the great work!!
13:43 PM November 27, 2012
Witty and entertaining... British Girl Abroad makes Singapore sound magical!
15:26 PM November 27, 2012
Great to see someone blogging about such a wide range of places to eat in singpore - my list of places to visit keeps getting longer!
04:59 AM November 28, 2012
Hoping to visit Singapore next year, will have to rely on British Girl Abroad for my fix of the exotic until then. I enjoy this blog greatly - keep writing!
07:35 AM November 28, 2012
Awesome blog, always look forward to reading latest posts.
11:44 AM November 28, 2012
Love this blog! Her food descriptions make me hungry! I will recommend this blog to anyone about to visit Singapore as a great guide.
11:01 AM December 03, 2012
One of a few food blogs I follow and enjoy. Offers much more than recipes recipes recipes!
08:10 AM January 18, 2014
So glad i discovered this blog! Its full of great suggestions on what to do and where to eat in Bangkok as well as giving me loads of ideas for holidays in the region