A British Girl Abroad
Latest Blog Posts »
- Shan Yoe Yar Restaurant, Yangon. 2 weeks ago Styled as one of Yangons’ fancier Myanmar restaurants and housed in a newly renovated traditional teak house, don’t let the “fine dining” tag put you off, in reality this just means you get to sit inside in an air-conditioned room, on chairs instead of plastic stools and wine and cocktails...
- Padella, Borough Market, London. 2 weeks ago I had read lots about Padella, (including this excellent review from Marina O’Loughlin in the Guardian) a small no-bookings pasta restaurant in Borough Market, and as I was meeting friends for drinks along the river, it seemed like the perfect place for a quick bite to eat en-route. The menu is...
- Urban Deli Nytorget, Sodermalm, Stockholm 4 weeks ago We were keen to leave Gamla Stan to explore some of the other small islands that make up central Stockholm and so walked over to Sodermalm for a morning of shopping and lunch at Urban Deli Nytorget. After walking down through the main shopping area we eventually arrived at Urban Deli on a small...
- Fem Sma Hus, Gamla Stan, Stockholm. 2 months ago My parents Ruby wedding anniversary coincided with our trip to Stockholm and my father decided we would celebrate at Fem Sma Hus, a beautiful fine dining restaurant that has been operating in a cluster of vaulted cellars under 5 town houses in Gamla Stan since the 17th century. The menu is...
- Osterlanggatan 17, Gamla Stan, Stockholm. 2 months ago If in doubt of where to eat on holiday, ask an expert, our experts being the waiters at the Flying Elk who recommended checking out Osterlanggatan 17 for lunch on our first day. The team at the Flying Elk did not let us down and we could see immediately that Osterlanggatan 17 is very popular......
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 22 reviews on A British Girl Abroad
10:29 AM November 19, 2012
Having traveled the world in 2010-2011 my life back in the UK and especially my desk job seem rather dull in comparison. Luckily for me I am able to re-awaken foodie and travel passions via the blog 'A British Girl Abroad' which has me salivating at the restaurant reviews and living vicariously through the eyes and tastes of a very talented blogger. What this lovely lady doesn't know about food and drink isn't worth knowing....and I hope to experience a few of her favourite haunts with her one day. Until then keep blogging please!!
12:18 PM November 19, 2012
Always entertaining and informative. Everything you need to know about Singapore food and drink plus lots of things to do there. She's my sort of girl!
17:10 PM November 19, 2012
This is a brilliant blog for those who want to know where to go and what to eat in Singapore. Highly recommended!
18:04 PM November 19, 2012
Have been following this blog since it started and am very happy to see it going from strength to strength. I follow her on Twitter to so I am one of the first to read each blog post. I am looking forward to visiting Singapore just so that I can try some of the amazing food and restaurants that I have read about on here. Just some of the reasons that this is my favourite blog!
18:42 PM November 19, 2012
Great - now I have to save up to go to Singapore and enjoy it all!! British Girl really makes it come alive.
23:48 PM November 19, 2012
What an amazing blog!! I visited Singapore 4 years ago and was a little lost on where to go for good food, wish I'd had this blog with me as my food Bible - it would have enhanced my experience so much. Now I have the opportunity to go back there to visit with my sister, I'm looking forward to presenting her with some of this lady's wisdom and maybe finding a little place even my sis hasn't discovered yet! Please keep blogging... :)
21:15 PM November 20, 2012
A real insider's view of life in Singapore which has definitely put Singapore at the top of my travel list.
16:36 PM November 21, 2012
IT IS SOME TIME SINCE I LAST VISITED SINGAPORE AND NOW I REALISE WHAT I MISSED ON MY VISIT. MUST MAKE PLANS TO TRAVEL THERE AGAIN AND TAKE ON BOARD ALL THIS "BRITISH GIRL ABROAD" RECOMMENDS - I AM ALREADY SALIVATING!
14:13 PM November 22, 2012
A fab blog which has it's finger on the pulse of what is new and happening for foodies in Singapore, but at the same time finds hidden gems that the normal visitor might miss. Her genuine passion for all things food & drink is pretty contagious!
14:30 PM November 24, 2012
Met via Twitter and reading her blog made me want to meet in real life! Our fav hawker centre for Indian food was a recommendation from this blog and we go there weekly now. Thanks a million and keep finding yummy places for us to try.
15:50 PM November 24, 2012
One tends to be wary of mismatched expectations when meeting bloggers in the flesh, but Beirutibrit is as lovely online as she is in real life. She seems to know more (new-ish) food places than I do, so that keeps me reading!
19:56 PM November 24, 2012
It all sounds so delicious!!!! Great blog always leaves me looking forward to reading more.
20:22 PM November 24, 2012
I have yet to visit Singapore, however, I sure do love the way you write!!! You have just become my "go to" travel writer for food and places to see. Keep up the great work!!
13:43 PM November 27, 2012
Witty and entertaining... British Girl Abroad makes Singapore sound magical!
15:26 PM November 27, 2012
Great to see someone blogging about such a wide range of places to eat in singpore - my list of places to visit keeps getting longer!
04:59 AM November 28, 2012
Hoping to visit Singapore next year, will have to rely on British Girl Abroad for my fix of the exotic until then. I enjoy this blog greatly - keep writing!
07:35 AM November 28, 2012
Awesome blog, always look forward to reading latest posts.
11:44 AM November 28, 2012
Love this blog! Her food descriptions make me hungry! I will recommend this blog to anyone about to visit Singapore as a great guide.
11:01 AM December 03, 2012
One of a few food blogs I follow and enjoy. Offers much more than recipes recipes recipes!
08:10 AM January 18, 2014
So glad i discovered this blog! Its full of great suggestions on what to do and where to eat in Bangkok as well as giving me loads of ideas for holidays in the region
16:57 PM June 09, 2014
love your stories of Singapore, they bring alive my memories of 2 years living there. Enjoy the rest of your stay in BKK. !!
13:14 PM August 13, 2016
i like it....... images